ID:181142

I've been scouring for 2D OpenGL tutorials around the internets everywhere, and I haven't found a decent one that's intended for people completely unfamiliar with the OpenGL API. The language can be C++, C#, or Java, and the tutorial should be at best "step-by-step".

I'm not in the position to dish out $50 for a book (however the OpenGL Superbible 2010 looks somewhat tempting). If anyone could point me the right way or at least link me to a good online tutorial / PDF I'd be grateful! Thanks!
If it's just 2D... have you tried SDL?
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
Hm. No, I haven't, I'll check it out.
Well out of date, not really focused on 2D, and focused on the oldish immediate-mode API instead of the fancypants shader stuff, but you may find the online version 1.1 of the Red Book useful: here.

OpenGL reference pages are here.

If you're programming on Windows you'll probably need something like GLEW because Microsoft are jerks and their OpenGL headers are incredibly out of date.

The NeHe tutorials are a thing I've seen sometimes - not sure how recent/relevant/good they are, but eh.

If you're not too fussed about actually fiddling with the GL state and just want to render 2D stuff, I've found Qt to be an excellent GUI toolkit that includes some very handy rendering functionality (which uses an OpenGL rendering engine internally, with some caveats about functionality that makes it drop back to software rendering)