ID:181147

Anyone else use crazy custom DM colors? =]

I use the default colors, anything else I find unreadable.
It looks like you're coding on Emacs.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
I use the default colors, anything else I find unreadable.

I've become accustomed to these font colors. Humorously, I find the default colors unreadable after not using them for so long. :P
I change mine around a lot...Keeps it looking like new.
I generally follow a Black, Green, Gray scheme.
I used to use a black background and greyscale-ish scheme of the defaults.
But now that I've bought a new laptop a few years ago I use the defaults.

Returning to the greyscale laptop and trying to read some of my old projects now gives my eyes a strain.
I've used a lot, but settled on this scheme maybe four years ago:

I don't know how anyone can use a white background. I have those same colors set-up for any environment that's mostly text. Now you know where my Artemis color scheme came from.

That image is very old. Old enough that I didn't put spaces after commas when passing multiple arguments. Oh, the brashness of youth!

Edit: This image shows the embedded expressions and preprocessor colors.

I call this the "Metroid" color scheme.
In response to IainPeregrine
I have always used the default, but maybe I can try to mix things up. The ones you guys use look/sound pretty unique.
I use a dark color scheme, as it's easier on the eyes after looking at it for a long time.

A lot of people don't like the graysale scheme, but I don't care. My scheme, my choice.
In response to Popisfizzy
How do you get any work done like that?
In response to SuperAntx
Well, my typical process involving typing code into Dream Maker, and compiling it, then testing it for bugs and rewriting it until it works correctly.
The text is kind of bright (mainly just the default text)
I tried messing around before, but I just like the default colors; it's most likely not good for my eyes though, but I don't like feeling like I'm programming on command prompt
In response to Popisfizzy
I guess that is easier on the eyes.
Not much contrast, though.
IainPeregrine wrote:
I've used a lot, but settled on this scheme maybe four years ago:

*Picture 1*

I don't know how anyone can use a white background. I have those same colors set-up for any environment that's mostly text. Now you know where my Artemis color scheme came from.

That image is very old. Old enough that I didn't put spaces after commas when passing multiple arguments. Oh, the brashness of youth!

Edit: This image shows the embedded expressions and preprocessor colors.

*Picture 2*

I call this the "Metroid" color scheme.

I was using default before I tried your color scheme. Now I can't understand why I didn't change default scheme sooner, black background is far easier on my eyes than default one.
I love my current set up. With everything being a different color, it helps me quickly point out where my mistakes might be and what everything is simply with a passing glance. I like to set my UI up for utility, not really for looks. That isn't to say that I don't think it looks sweet.

[Danbriggs DM User Interface Image. If you're reading this, It's not working...]
In response to Danbriggs
I have a very similar color scheme to Danbriggs. I also used his format for my post.

In response to Albro1
The reason I like mine is that it highlights important information, and dulls out stuff the compiler doesn't use. Yours does have a similar effect, but I'm not very keen with the colored comments, they stick out too much than they should in my opinion. Also your text strings kinda blend in with your arbitrary text, but I have no qualms with your methods. It's your UI, so it's to your liking. Everyone has their own preference.

As a side note on your coding style, I don't really like using the brackets in DM, unless on long text Strings. I find that they're just more of a waste of space, and standard indentation is just fine for my usage. However of course I still use brackets while coding in Java or C++, since it's required of them.
In response to Danbriggs
I used to code with normal indention, but I have recently started using brackets because they force me to space things out more, and they make it easier for me to sort through my own code and find specific things. That's just my preference, though.
Page: 1 2