ID:181164

Do any of you use any screen recording software for your games or games you play/have played? I've seen a few game developers/players blog about trailers, testing videos, game tutorials, etc, of their games but each video had a different quality to it. I was wondering if it was the game's art or the recorder itself. If you guys use any software for things like this, I'd like to know the names and also some suggestions to what settings to use with it. I've been thinking about recording a few things but I don't want anything distorted because of the software. Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: 2 resolutions I'm working with are 800x512 and 810x568.
Try Fraps, but you'll have to convert video after that.
In response to Zaoshi
Camtasia works best (:
In response to Atriosv3
It depends what needs to be captured. Camtasia captures screen or some region which is slow process and not suitable for recording demanding games. Other other hand Fraps injects into game and captures it directly, which is much faster.
In response to Zaoshi
Aside from speed, what about the quality of Fraps? Does it change depending on the resolution you're recording? I've used both of the programs mentioned before and I've tried with different resolutions only to see a change in the quality once uploaded to youtube.
In response to MDC
Fraps records in native resolution. If you play game in 1600x1200 that's what it'll record. It stores raw data therefore it's fast, but needs a lot of free space (if I remember correctly 10 minutes = 4 GB).
I haven't used Camtasia, but website doesn't say anything about recording game directly.

If you want better quality, better convert video yourself to YouTube's format, then it won't reconvert and keep the quality as it is.