ID:181226

An aftershock that is 6.?(I think 6.8) hit at the center of Tokyo. Tsunamis are threatening all countries around there. There is a lot lot of flooding in Japan, it's crazy over there.
I'm watching the oil refinery fire, holy hell, I hope everyone's okay.
Most of what I'm hearing is actually that people are generally inconvenienced more-so than hurt, even in Tokyo itself. I think a headline of "Millions saved by good legislation and building codes" is in order.
In response to Stephen001
Yea, I'm from New Zealand which recently had a smaller earthquake which took out an entire city and killed over 160 people. It actually angers me to hear all these conservatives in Christchurch still saying "We can't demolish our historical buildings". It's like how much more damage, lives lost, time taken and money spent do you actually want?

Respect for Tokyo's buildings, New Zealand could learn something.
In response to Kyle_ZX
Kyle_ZX wrote:
Yea, I'm from New Zealand which recently had a smaller earthquake which took out an entire city and killed over 160 people. It actually angers me to hear all these conservatives in Christchurch still saying "We can't demolish our historical buildings". It's like how much more damage, lives lost, time taken and money spent do you actually want?

Respect for Tokyo's buildings, New Zealand could learn something.

There's a reason that the Japanese are idolized by Americans.

They aren't stupid. Crazy, but not stupid.
In response to SuperAntx
Couldn't help but laugh at that a little bit. But no earthquakes with a mix of tsunami is bad.
In response to SuperAntx
I THOUGHT HIROSHIMA WAS THE RESULT OF PEARL HARBOR?
In response to Super Saiyan X
Doesn't count if you failed history class. Ignorance is a free pass to yell whatever hateful rhetoric you want.
In response to SuperAntx
This makes me mad.
My prayers go out to Japan. Currently seeing if my school is starting a relief program to send students to help like we did with Haiti.

In response to Enzuigiri
Don't take this the wrong way, but why doesn't you school come up with a relief fund for the millions of homeless American's who could use your help? Or the millions of people who are out of jobs because of the failing economy. You know, people in this country have more than enough issues without paying for other countries people. And if you aren't an a American, I am sure that you can apply these to your own country. Unless you live inn Japan... XD And then you have a point.
In response to Moussiffer
Moussiffer wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way, but why doesn't you school come up with a relief fund for the millions of homeless American's who could use your help? Or the millions of people who are out of jobs because of the failing economy. You know, people in this country have more than enough issues without paying for other countries people. And if you aren't an a American, I am sure that you can apply these to your own country. Unless you live inn Japan... XD And then you have a point.

Well I can't say much about this new school I just recently started. However, at my last school we did so. Since I was on student council and my friend was president, we made sure we had can food drives every other month as well as charity fund raisers and etc.

Since I been at this new school all I have seen as far as charity was the relief fund for Haiti and I wasn't even enrolled at the time since I was taking online classes. So like I said I can't speak much for this new school but trust me I do try and help out. Even though I come off as a jackass :)

Edit: And yes I am American lol.
In response to SuperAntx
That's disgusting...

The funny thing is, I noticed a few of those people have deleted those status'. Which I found hilarious.
In response to Tiberath
If I recall, the death toll of pearl harbor was around..2500?

Yep just googled it.

Death Toll of Pearl Harbor: 2350

Death Toll of Hiroshima + Nagasaki: 199,000

Both include injuries. Both were shocking and unexpected attacks. I think that speaks for itself. They're just some idiotic rednecks who spoke rashly and probably have malice for everyone outside their town.

This disaster is terrible, but as for sending aid, they need manpower, people. Their economy is one of the richest and most stable in the world, they don't need money.

In response to Zidantas
Zidantas wrote:

This disaster is terrible, but as for sending aid, they need manpower, people. Their economy is one of the richest and most stable in the world, they don't need money.

I think you might be a little confused--Japan has a serious debt problem just like the US.

PM Naoto Kan: Japan's Debt Could Make It The Next Greece

Really, the Japanese economy hasn't been that hot since the 90's just the US. So, they could definitely use some cash.
In response to Soldierman
Soldierman wrote:
Zidantas wrote:

I think you might be a little confused--Japan has a serious debt problem just like the US.

PM Naoto Kan: Japan's Debt Could Make It The Next Greece

Really, the Japanese economy hasn't been that hot since the 90's just the US. So, they could definitely use some cash.

Japan's currency is currently one of the worst in the world. Yen fails in comparison to a US dollar so I would say yes. Japan could use all the cash they can get. But hey, just be happy it's not as bad as Zimbabwe.
In response to Enzuigiri
Did a bit of research, gotta change what I said a bit xD

Japan being the technological center of the world, and having the highest GDP, I assumed they would have a very stable economy and I had heard the Yen was in great strength despite the huge debt. The estimated repair bill is set to reach almost two hundred BILLION dollars, 10,000 people killed with an energy and nuclear crisis to boot. I retract everything, Japan needs every cent it can get.
In response to Soldierman
Soldierman wrote:

They could just print the cash. It's all the rage these days.
Page: 1 2