ID:181242

I just pre ordered Pokemon Black, and was wondering should I have high expectations? and should I have chosen White. Also what starter pokemon should I have and what starter pokemon are you getting?

**Please do not go off topic saying that pokemon is dumb or any other curses about it, if you hate it why did you come here in the first place.
<s>Pokémon is dumb.</s>

From what I've heard it's definitely a different flavour compared to the older installments, such as virtually everything evolves at very late levels now. I'm partial to Grass types but from what I've heard the Grass starter (Snivy) is rather useless due to the fact his moves are made up mostly of status effects until he's high level.
Atriosv3 wrote:
I just pre ordered Pokemon Black, and was wondering should I have high expectations? and should I have chosen White. Also what starter pokemon should I have and what starter pokemon are you getting?

**Please do not go off topic saying that pokemon is dumb or any other curses about it, if you hate it why did you come here in the first place.

1- White is considered better. Dragon/Electric is more unique. But it doesn't have Black City which is a unique city in Black.

2- Have high expectations. Difficulty goes up =4= Notches. There's a system in place making you gain less experience the higher your level is compared to a beaten pokemon, and more the higher that Pokemon Level is. Did I mention the first Gym can 1-hit KO your whole team with 90% success of each shot?

3- I went with the Grass type. Why? Cause it's final form is a bad*smacked for cursing*. It just looks epic. *smacked again* God damnit nappa.

From what I've heard it's definitely a different flavour compared to the older installments, such as virtually everything evolves at very late levels now. I'm partial to Grass types but from what I've heard the Grass starter (Snivy) is rather useless due to the fact his moves are made up mostly of status effects until he's high level.

It's definitely different. All the pokemon are completely new until post Storyline. And technically, the story flows entirely different from past games. I won't say much but the main story ends in a completely different way from the old games. And god darn what a plot twist.

Did I mention Choroneko (I don't know it's name, you'll know it, Dark Type kitty) is the <3. And this is coming from a guy XD.
Yeah, you should've gotten white. It's the superior color, after all.
In response to Jeff8500
Well look who's racist!
In response to Duelmaster409
It's not racism if it's true.
In response to Jeff8500
So... Jeff... I hear you like mudkip.. I hear it's not in black "OR" White... So how is it superior? Hehe.
I'm pretty excited about it. I'm a big fan of Pokemon and have felt the series grew stale pretty early, and survived only on it's raw awesomeness in gameplay mechanics and the fact that I only bothered with every other release or so, so I had huge breaks between playing it. It felt more like returning to a game I sat down then getting a new version.

Black and White promise to change that, so I'm hopeful. My DS has been collecting dust since I got Soul Silver, so it's ready for something new.

I've kinda kept myself on a media blackout when it comes to Black and White. I'll choose the starter Pokemon that looks the coolest, because... well... they are normally extremely balanced, so the choice is mostly an aesthetic one(Or an early game vs late game ease one).
I've played both black and white on emulator and I prefer black which is the one im ordering. Mainly, because the black exclusive pokemon fit my UU teams needs. Just like latoma said the grass gym is pretty difficult but I picked the fire starter(ive picked the fire starter in every pokemon game) so it was okay.