ID:181262

Just got off the phone with my ISP's client service, asking me whether I knew my connection was "overflowing" and that they are going to scan my network for any possible threats. And if it doesn't stop, that they will shut down my internet connection.

Naturally I didn't mention hosting my project for the last 4 days (averaging 15-20 players during the day), but would BYOND really be the cause of this?

Hosting on my normal day work PC (the one I'm typing on right now) using Dream Daemon, fixed port.
I would look into getting a new ISP if you want to continue to host. Yours seems to dictate policy, telling you what you're allowed and not allowed to do with your connection.

Either that or this is all some kind of misunderstanding. You should tell them about the server, and if they throw a fuzz you'd be better off switching to a better provider.
In response to Android Data
Yeah, this morning they effectively cut part of my connection (lowered speed to 512kbs), and I had to call them to back it all up. They suggested me to send an e-mail, and so I did, now awaiting reply.

Living in Belgium, best thing ever, just a mere 6 months ago did we invent internet without any monthly download limits >.>
In response to Emasym
I live in Belgium too, but I don't got any issues with Belgacom here.
Which provider do you have?
In response to Raimo
Telenet
In response to Emasym
Oh, okay.