ID:181446

After six years with the same computer i figured its his time to rest in peace
and for me to buy a new one, well now, i dont really have a big knowledge about this stuff so i asked few friends about a good build with my budget [around 1258$ a bit more or less doesnt matter much], another thing is that im going to overclock my computer Video Card and Processor,

here is what they suggested and i would like a second opinion:

the first one:
Processor:
INTEL CORE i5 S1156 2.66GHz 750 : "SLBLC" - TRAY $248

MotherBoard:
GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3L $143

Memory:
G.SKILL 4096MB (2048MBX2) DDR3 1600 CL7 - RIPJAWS - F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM $163

Video Card:
[..] SAPPHIRE HD5850 1GB GDDR5 - RETAIL $381

CD/DVD Burner:
SAMSUNG SH-S223FBLK x22 SATA BLACK - $33

Computer Case:
ANTEC NINE HUNDRED II w/o PSU $154

Power Supply:
SEASONIC S12II 620W BRONZE - RETAIL - $111

Processor Fan:
NOCTUA NH-U12P SE2 FOR S775/S1156/S1366/AMD - $68

Hard Disk:
SAMSUNG 500GB 16MB SATA2 7200 RPM : HD502HJ $56

Total cost: $1357

and the other one is this one:

Processor:
Intel Core i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core

Processor Fan:
Scythe Japan Mugen 2 Rev-B

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3

Computer Case:
Lancool (By Lian-Li) 2x140mm 1x120mm Dragon K60 Black

Power Supply:
Seasonic S12 620W 48A @ 12V

Memory:
A-Data 4GB (2x2GB) X-Series DDR3-2000 C9 Core i5+i7 Only

Hard Disc:
Samsung 1TB Sata II 32MB Buffer Spinpoint F3

Video Card:
Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 Retail

Totally : $1331

he also said the first build motherboard wont be good enough o:,
which one would be better? and if you have something to add\replace which wont make the budget too much higher than it already is for me i would love t hear, thx in advance
I heard for gaming AMD is the way to go, with Intel being for multitasking. I don't know much about computers though, so don't mind me.
In response to Ulterior Motives
Ulterior Motives wrote:
I heard for gaming AMD is the way to go, with Intel being for multitasking. I don't know much about computers though, so don't mind me.

True, that is, your last statement is true. ;) Your first statement would have been true 5 years ago.

Right now, if you're building a computer and thinking of getting an AMD, it's for their price, or you're looking at their newer Phenom II CPUs because of one of Intel's i5 or i7 sockets being discontinued, which I don't remember off the top of my head.
In response to Unknown Person
Unknown Person wrote:
Ulterior Motives wrote:

True, that is, your last statement is true. ;) Your first statement would have been true 5 years ago.

Right now, if you're building a computer and thinking of getting an AMD, it's for their price, or you're looking at their newer Phenom II CPUs because of one of Intel's i5 or i7 sockets being discontinued, which I don't remember off the top of my head.

In the past AMDs were very popular in the gaming world for a few reasons. I have always been a strong fan of AMD, but since Intel released the Core 2 I have unfortunately had to admit that Intel simply has a better product out right now. AMD still has the price going for them, but there is really no comparison in quality or performance for now. Haven't heard anything about the Phenom 2 yet though.
In response to AJX
You do realize there are now X6 processors? :)
AMD is still a little far behind (about 2% - 5% in terms of speed) but the AMD X6 processors go for about $200 while the Intel ones go for about $699. AMD still is the best price / performance ratio.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
You do realize there are now X6 processors? :)
AMD is still a little far behind (about 2% - 5% in terms of speed) but the AMD X6 processors go for about $200 while the Intel ones go for about $699. AMD still is the best price / performance ratio.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103849
<300 for a six core processor.

Technology is ridiculous. =.='

In response to AJX
Flame Sage wrote:
AMD X6 ($200) http://www.newegg.com/Product/ Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103851&cm_re=AMD_X6-_-19-103-851- _-Product
AMD is well worth it, AJX.

Indeed. And btw the one I linked is way moh betta, for only like 100$ more. Worth the extra investment. :p
You're comparing apples and oranges. The i7-980X is the current top-of-the-line ultra-enthusiast CPU, for those that don't care about price and just want the most powerful CPU (AMD doesn't offer a comparable CPU). On average, it's about 40% more powerful than the 1055T. The i5-750 is more comparable to the 1055T, while the i7-920 is more comparable to the 1090T.