ID:181524

http://www.sleepisdeath.net/

This seems really interesting.

I've played Passage and thought it was a very neat idea. Gravitation was truly eerie. Now Jason Rohrer is working on this two-player interactive story telling 'game'. Seems very intriguing and I'll be checking it out once it's released on the 16th. Has anyone been following this?
RP to the max. Player 2's job is a hassle, though. I thought the NPCs would respond by themselves, but apparently they don't.
In response to Emasym
Plus player 2 only has 30 seconds to respond. What I'm wondering is it the two copies you get are linked or if you can switch to another player? From the 'demo' it seems like you can player with anyone else who has a copy.
In response to EGUY
You must be able to play with anyone else who has a copy, hence the demonstration "video" says items spread from player to player. Likely you get two copies for these reasons:
  1. It will enable you to get playing with someone right away, and it won't cost you twice the price if you and a friend want to check it out.
  2. It will help the game spread effectively twice as fast.
In response to Kuraudo
Yeah, but are the two copies entangled or can I mingle with other people who have copies as well?
From what I've seen, the game is being marketed around the idea that humans are better storytellers than AI. I'm not convinced. Unfortunately, the fact that a few humans can rise above automated content doesn't remove the buttload of crap the rest of the species produces.
In response to ACWraith
aaa!
u tricked me!
now i stuck!!!
In response to ACWraith
ACWraith wrote:
From what I've seen, the game is being marketed around the idea that humans are better storytellers than AI. I'm not convinced. Unfortunately, the fact that a few humans can rise above automated content doesn't remove the buttload of crap the rest of the species produces.

From my experiences with Story Telling and the game it's based on (Y.A.R.N, from Gamespy Arcade's (apparently former) parlour games) tell me that although humans can be good story tellers, unless you enforce some kind of restriction, they are going to be really immature about it and completely ruin the game for everyone else.

The reason I stopped playing Y.A.R.N (shortly after I found BYOND and started making my own clone) was simply because a lot of the users were ruining potentially good stories by submitting utter (and generally perverted/racist etc) crap, and their little immature friends were out voting the serious players and completely ruining the story. It was really annoying.