ID:181630

Ok you know how in dream seeker you can press f1, client, preferences, then you see the checkbox for "use graphics hardware for displaying maps" right?

Well, I got a new computer that is more than capable of handling that. But there is a problem. Even though it's checked it's not -actually- having it enabled. When I play games on byond it's all slow and chunky because of this.

I need help understanding why I can't seem to get it enabled properly. I need help to fix it if possible.

I have Windows 7 and can't figure out how to update my GFX Drivers on Windows 7. Maybe that is the problem. How do you update drivers on Windows 7? Even google shows nothing helpful.

My old computer was much older and had no such problem with byond. And that computer couldn't even run WoW. The one I have now runs WoW on the highest settings no problem.
I believe you'd have to contact your video card's manufacturer to get a Windows 7 compatible driver. But yeah, not having the drivers for your video card would not allow you to enable that option.
A game can be forced to run in software graphics mode if it uses certain features, particularly window transparency.

Also, updating drivers on Windows 7 is the same as for XP/Vista (and 2k, and 98, ect). That is, assuming they have a driver out for Windows 7 (I would hope so, after the Vista fiasco)
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
Also, updating drivers on Windows 7 is the same as for XP/Vista (and 2k, and 98, ect). That is, assuming they have a driver out for Windows 7 (I would hope so, after the Vista fiasco)

In most cases, drivers for Vista should also work on 7, so if a driver for 7 is not provided, try the one for Vista.