EDO

by MDC
ID:1816673

Hello everyone!

I know that some of you have already known about this project for a long time, but for those of you who do not know, we'd like to share a little information and hope to expand our fan-base.

First of all, I would like to say that this project has always been heavily inspired by Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. But we've recently decided to go in our own path and create our own setting. We are still inspired by that world but it will definitely be our own.

The kind of game we've been creating is one that we plan on filling with a sense of adventure and magic. If you've ever watched and liked the Dragon Ball manga, you will know exactly what I'm talking about. We're steadily making progress and have already finished our combat system. We're currently working on the interface and coming up with the many different fighting styles and techniques that you will be enjoying in the future. Our next goal is to set up an open test server that will let you guys kick some ass with said combat system.

We've gone through many different art styles for this project but we have finally decided a style we want to stick to and I must say that it's been amazing to see what Xyberman and our newest team member, Ter13, have been able to create. I'm blessed to be able to learn from them, especially Ter13 when it comes to programming. Anyways, here's a video of a pixel art timelapse of Ter13 creating our world's first martial arts arena!

Ter13 has brought along with him some techniques for achieving consistently high quality pixel art through the use of 3D modeling and rendering with specialized settings for our project's lighting and perspective. He has agreed to teach any prospective artists to use Blender3D to create simple structural components in 3D model format and then transform them into beautiful traditional pixel art.

While this technique doesn't speed up our art by much, it allows artists to work on very large structures and graphical assets and lowers the barrier of entry from any future artists we bring aboard, allowing them to instantly create large structures with consistent lighting and correct perspective that will help them match our art style for pre-existing assets.

From now on we will be making a better effort to inform you guys of any upcoming stream sessions for new content and when we decide on a date for the open test server.
Nice little trick you've come up with. I'd totally give this a try if i had any confidence in my 3d art.

Good luck with the game bud.
Still waiting in anticipation for the outcome !
Hm, I work in 3ds Max 2014. Is there a way to convert my models from it?
oh wow, time to kill steal. I never would have thought to make my art in blender first. Definitely a nice touch to creating a world.