ID:1817007

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
Hey everyone, I have been working on immortal dream for weeks now and I just can't seem to figure boundaries out, could you explain them to me like I'm five?

I read the DM guide and every forum post I could and yet it still eludes me.

I just need a basic understanding of how to bound objects so that they look right in game. Example: make a fridge that the player can overlap.

I need to kill the grid!

Thanks in advanced any and all help is very appreciated.

Bloodocean7.
Bound_x: The position of the first pixel located horizontally.(you cab change this to fit more ideal conditions)

How to find: Use DM's icon editor and hover over the first pixel horizontally and use the first number from the list of (x,y) that it shows when your mouse is hovering over a position.

Bound_y: Same as bound_x but do this with the y value and take the second number instead of the first.

Bound_width: How much space there is between your bound_x and wherever you want your mob/obj to be able to be overlapped.

How to find this: Hover your mouse over the last pixel that you want to not be able to overlap, then do this math: The value you just got minus(-) bound_x

Bound_height: Same as bound_width, but use your bound_y value and find the maximum y before a overlap instead of the x.
While fishman did somewhat answer, I feel as if it's still lacking to your question. It would be easiest to show you with pictures displaying what each does, but I'll try my best to word it out. I swear that there's a tutorial around here using pictures, if I find it I'll post back.

Anway; bound_width and bound_height are the size, in pixels, the bounding box is. Width being the length(along the x line, height being along the y line). Bound_x and bound_y are offsets, working much like pixel_x/pixel_y. You can take a obj with a icon size of 32x32, the bounds are defaulting to 32x32 with 0 pixels in offsets. You can make the bound_height = 16(so, 32x16 in size), allowing the top half of the obj to be passable, but only the top half. That seems to be the effect that you want, but I'm going to contiue.

bound_x values move the bounding box to the right(negative values bring it to the left) of the actual position of the obj/mob. bound_y value moves the bounding box up(negative values to move it down) of the actual position.

Applying what I just described, using a icon size of 64x64, with a 32x32 obj, you would set the bounding box by making the bound_width/bound_height 32 each and the bound_x/bound_y(assuming the obj is centered in the 64x64 icon) to 16 each. I got this number by subtracting the icon size by the obj size and dividing that by two, assuming it's centered.
Best response
Go into your object's icon. For your intended bounding box:
1. Mouse over the bottom-left pixel and write down the coordinates.
2. Mouse over the top-right pixel and write down the coordinates.
3. Set the object's bounds:
my_object
bounds = "[bottom_left] to [top_right]"

// e.g.
mob
bounds = "1,1 to 32,32" // the default 32x32 bounding box

// e.g. 2
mob
bounds = "17,17 to 24,32" // a thin rectangle in the top-right quadrant
In response to Kaiochao
See, I knew I forgot something. Cheers.