ID:181779

Ye, I'm working on an original anime game for BYOND to improve the community's original games.

I incourage anyone who is making an original game to keep up the good work!

Everyone who rips sucks.

I used to rip, then I thought... Heck what is this good for. All it does is ruin my reputation and make the BYOND Community even more filled with rips, therefore I quit ripping. I may use a few icons from the "Free Resources" section on the Art Society forum, that is only because I ain't the best Pixel Artist, and it ain't easy finding one...

PS: Rips Fail..
Rips do fail, but an original fangame isn't the proper term, incase you didn't know, considering it's an oxymoron.
I'm opposed to rips.

I'm fine with clones.

I think the community would benefit from more non-anime, non-rip games than it would from more original anime games. As it is, the majority of BYOND games cater to anime fans, which makes for a very lopsided player base.

With some work, BYOND could easily cater to interactive fiction or adventure game fans, casual gamers, strategy gamers, and so forth... If you build more anime games, original or not, all you'll get is more of the same.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
I'm opposed to rips.

I'm fine with clones.

I think the community would benefit from more non-anime, non-rip games than it would from more original anime games. As it is, the majority of BYOND games cater to anime fans, which makes for a very lopsided player base.

With some work, BYOND could easily cater to interactive fiction or adventure game fans, casual gamers, strategy gamers, and so forth... If you build more anime games, original or not, all you'll get is more of the same.

there;s only so much you can do with an strictly based anime game.
In response to Axerob
Oh really? So there can't be any puzzle-games in the anime section? Or survival? Or tactical... or, well the list goes on.

The point remains even the original ones are just the same thing. Doing quests = grinding, PVPing to get levels = GRINDING, log training = you know what.
In response to Axerob
You must have took what he said wrong. He said we should start making better non-anime games, so the community of other type games could grow and such. Plus wanting to increase the community of anime/fangames just increases the younger population to join, and that population is who 90% of the community hates most(Immature, slow, "noobs", etc).
Foomer is where i'm at on this.