ID:181814

well, i earned a medal on a game, but when i got on My Account it says: You haven't earned any medals yet, can someone help me?
To avoid a game assigning you with a medal you do not want (such as 'You suck because you got banned from my Naruto Rip #9866754'), medals are only shown on your page if the game is selected as a favourite of yours.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
the medal i earned, i WANT IT to be shown, but even if the game is in my favourites, it wont appear.
In response to Dragonman59
May I ask how you tried to add the game to your favourites exactly and where you did that?
I have the feeling we are talking about tow different things here, as I'm not even sure if non BYOND members can set up favourites.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Wouldn't it be better if we could just pick which Medals we want to appear rather than jimmy-rigging it?
In response to Hiro the Dragon King
I would see plenty space for abuse on such a system and it seems a bit complicated for the crowed, but sure, go ahead and suggest it at BYOND Features.
In response to Hiro the Dragon King
Hiro the Dragon King wrote:
Wouldn't it be better if we could just pick which Medals we want to appear rather than jimmy-rigging it?

The current limitation of only displaying medals for your favorite games is somewhat of an early implementation designed to quell abuse; we haven't thought up a system to replace that yet, though we're open to reasonable suggestions. I do think doing this on a per-medal basis rather than a per-game basis would be a poor choice however; that would just be too difficult to keep on top of and it would needlessly complicate things. If a user wants to display the medals from a game, it stands to reason they'd want to display all of them, whereas in an abuse situation it would often be a game the user hasn't even heard of or doesn't regularly play.

What this suggests is that we would need a system for deciding which games show your earned medals in, but we would want to make that system somewhat automatic so that games you have actually played get added to the list of displayable games automatically.

Lummox JR