ID:1818224

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Linux
Web Browser:Chrome 41.0.2272.101
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Tried using the new -ip using my second ip for my server but it always reports the port is unreachable.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
With linux use DD and specify a ip.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
DreamDaemon "The Last Conflict.dmb" 1224 -trusted -ip [IP goes here]

Expected Results:
Should host like normal and show the port is reachable.

Actual Results:
Ports becomes unreachable

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Yes

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?

Workarounds:
None as of yet.

Are you able to actually connect to that IP address directly? That is, is the "unreachable" info in error, or is the port not open? What do connection diagnostics on your host machine tell you about the port?

Literally all the -ip flag does is fill in the socket address for the bind() call, by calling inet_addr(). I was only able to test it with the IP my machine normally has anyway (although trying it on a different IP failed, correctly), as I don't have more than one assigned to it, but as far as I can tell this feature is behaving correctly. I strongly suspect it's your network setup that's the problem.
Hrm,

I have a Linux server with currently 2 ips, hosting with my main by default without specifying an ip works. I can even connect to my server using my second IP address. However when I bind my second ip for hosting instead of the main default, the port becomes unreachable.

But really all I wanted out of this feature was for it to have an option to display a different address in place of the main address to prevent people from finding the real IP address and prevent DDoS attacks.
In response to Darker Emerald
Darker Emerald wrote:
I have a Linux server with currently 2 ips, hosting with my main by default without specifying an ip works. I can even connect to my server using my second IP address. However when I bind my second ip for hosting instead of the main default, the port becomes unreachable.

But again, unreachable as in closed, or unreachable as in it can't be seen outside your LAN? The latter would be a port forwarding issue.

But really all I wanted out of this feature was for it to have an option to display a different address in place of the main address to prevent people from finding the real IP address and prevent DDoS attacks.

Binding and display are two different concepts. If it's a matter of which IP you're actually giving out to people, then as long as the IP you want to share actually forwards to your server, binding is irrelevant.
Unreachable as in closed by the looks of it. I can connect to it just fine when I host DreamDeamon without specifying an -ip using both IP1:1334 and IP2:1334. But when I use -ip IP2 as a option with DD it becomes unreachable. I can look more into the network but it shouldn't be a problem cause that port is already setup as well as the ips. It's a shell Linux btw.
Linux should already have tools to tell you if the port is open or not. But if DD fails to open the port it should tell you. If it's not saying so, then it probably is opening the port.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'