In response to Mobius Evalon
Mobius Evalon wrote:
The only games I really played heavily online were Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and L4D, and everybody seems to think that they're a flippin' ace and runs off alone. In Rainbow Six, this means wasting spawns, and in L4D, it means losing the game entirely.

Vegas 2 is one of my favorite shooters. I got it through steam for $10. They have good sales every weekend =P (This weekend they have a bunch of MMOs on sale, until the 19th)
In response to Smoko
Smoko wrote:
If that means what I think it means, it's slack and you suck.

Falacy wrote:
I can't see how Game Stop manages to stay in business. I stopped shopping there a long time ago. People must be insanely desperate to sell their games to them. Buy it new for $60, they buy it back for $5, then the put it back on the shelf for $55 "used"... what a deal. Not to mention most of their used games look like somebody attempted to flush them down a toilet.

-Smoko: I get it, you like to troll. You can go smoko a pole and contribute more than a flame next time.

-Falacy: That's pretty much the reason I hate working there. Not only are we a huge rip-off, but we have to sell it aswell. If a customer comes in and we're not pushing subscriptions, reservations, PRPs and GPGs, our hours are cut. Most games we sell ARE in "like new" condition, there are SOME that look like they were stomped on and flushed down a toilet. There ARE some perks to working there though. I get free field destroys(often cd-keys from the floor boxes), free XBOX Live months every time we get a new copy of GTA IV, and access to as many pre-order/beta keys as I want. Last year, I grabbed all of our Warhammer Online beta keys and sold them each for $20-50 on Ebay. =] I made friends with an Activision Rep. and he's going to be giving me a copy of Modern Warfare 2's beta demo and Blizzcon passes. Things are usually awesome during E3.
In response to BlankSSJ
BlankSSJ wrote:
-Smoko: I get it, you like to troll. You can go smoko a pole and contribute more than a flame next time.

It's amazing how little you have to do before being called a troll. Oh well, my suspicions were confirmed when you said GameStop sucks for ripping people off, then went on to say you took a bunch of beta keys and sold them.
In response to Smoko
Beta keys are given to us, I didn't need to steal them. If you're not trolling/flaming, I don't know what else to call your post from earlier. Seems like you're trolling a bit to me.
In response to BlankSSJ
BlankSSJ wrote:
Beta keys are given to us, I didn't need to steal them.

I wasn't saying you stole the beta keys, I was saying that since they didn't cost you anything why sell them for so much or even at all?

BlankSSJ wrote:
If you're not trolling/flaming, I don't know what else to call your post from earlier. Seemse like you're trolling a bit to me.

When you say you get free keys from the floor, it gives me the impression that you take keys from the stock which is sold to customers. I understand that I could be wrong and there's nothing at all sketchy with what you meant which is why I said "If that means what I think it means". Trolling is when you say something to get a reaction from someone. I didn't care about a reply, I was just letting you know what I think of people that do cause trouble for customers.
In response to Smoko
I understand what you mean, however, you could've said it that way at first and I wouldn't have thought you were just some *unpolite person*. Now that I know what you mean, I apologize for over-reacting. I fully agree that causing problems for customers like that is a huge problem. I get people all the time trying to return PC games that use keys. Most of the time it's for "World of Warcraft" or the "60 Day Pre-paid Time Cards" and they expect us to not have a policy for that type of thing. After all, GameStop may be unfair, but they're not stupid.

[Note from the moderator]
Please keep your choice of words civil.
Thank you in advance.
Page: 1 2 3