ID:182012

I was wondering if anyone could help me set up how to host my game with my website so the BYOND URL says:
byond://gizhyhosting.com:2082

I don't know the files to use and I don't know how to do it, if someone could help I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks, Gizhy
Man, your supposed to be running a Hosting Company and you don't know how to do this yourself. That says a lot.
In response to Trosh Kubyo
Him wanting to learn how to run his own shell server doesn't constitute you nagging at him and telling him "if you don't know how to yourself, then use an online service" >_>
In response to Spunky_Girl
It's a good job that isn't what he said then, isn't it.
That's why it says the feature is coming soon, and I never really tried to learn how to host BYOND games. I was waiting for someone to reply to help me out on it so I can setup my BYOND Hosting.
In response to Gizhy
Are you actually offering 8.5 terabytes of space and bandwidth for 6 bucks a month? That's quite the deal.
What I am saying is, he seems very new to the entire thing and doesn't seem like he is totally educated on the whole hosting thing. More like he simply bought hosting services from another company and is now relaying it to us.

We have had our fair of privately owned hosting services on BYOND before that has went down pretty poorly in the past. People need to recognize that and approach it with caution.
I know how to setup webhosting services, I ain't some retard trying to get money from something I don't know how to use.

I only don't know how to setup Linux hosting, I never actually tried it before.

-Gizhy
In response to Jerico2day
Yes I am, I make my deals built on the knowledge of what you get when you buy it.
In response to Gizhy
Could have fooled me. If you are trying to offer a service to BYOND users, then you need to know what you are doing. In general a large majority of professional hosting services are done with Linux because it is so secure. Apparently it also performs faster.

Another question that comes to mind is, why did you suddenly change your rates? At first it was annually and you even went out of the way to explain that to people and now you changed that to monthly. You realize that when you have someone sign a contract and change something like that, a customer has the right to dispute such a change. Anyone who already signed up, did you still give them the annually rate or did you change them to monthly? And you simply can't change that without telling them, you need to keep them informed.

A second question I have is why you are using a different hosting service for games when you have one of your own. I mean you are even asking for donations on your BYOND user page to help pay for the costs of the server.

The topic of the page is saying "Linux Shell Servers for BYOND Game Hosting". But you just said you don't know how to set up Linux hosting. If you don't even understand the service you are trying to offer, then why advertise it yet?
Lets see here, the reason that the topic is named that is because I wanted someone to help me get it started (The BYOND Hosting).

Secondly, I did check to see if anyone signed up before I changed my prices, Nobody did.

And I have www.GizhyGames.com for 1 year with another service so I haven't changed it, no need to waste money.