ID:182037

So, I'm not sure if it's exactly phlegm or not but I feel a wierd substance at the back of my throat, It feels like a regular booger but it's stuck, and it doesn't feel likt it looks in a diagram(like a liquid gel). It feels completely like a wet booger which is at the bottom back part of my throat. Now I read up on it and it's refered to as phlegm(I think it is) and it feels disgusting. They say phlegm CAN be an egg shell for larvae of hook worms. But I haven't eaten or drank anything which would cause intestinal problems. I mean, I drank a glass of water with a small dirt stain on the bottom of it but I don't think that was the cause. Either way...I'm like deathly afraid of parasites, but still I just wanted to know if anyone could give a better reason why I MIGHT have hook worm larvae/phlegm in my throat. Note: It feels EXACTLY like a large piece of dried mucous. Not a gelatinous substance like shown in a picture.
Sniffling (breathing in sharply through your nose, like when you have a runny nose) can cause stuff to fly back into your throat. Go to a sink, toilet, or outside, and start hocking loogies, using excessive "hocking" in the back of your throat. It's likely to shake free and become available to spit out.
Most parasites are obtained through raw and or undercooked meat, especially ground beef, pork, and poultry. Unless you live in a third world country, in which case, you probably do have one from contaminated water and or soil.
Okay, I've asked some non-BYOND related questions on these forums before, but what the *#&$ is this?
In response to Airjoe
We're doctors, too, obviously.
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:

Hmm, sounds like Lupus to me. I prescribe months upon moths of searing torture and mental destruction.

--

And in all seriousness: Medical issues are best taken to, you know, medical people. Not random gamers (especially 15 or under) on a random forum on a random website.

--

Speaking of witch, I have a burning sensation between my toes, any guesses? I thought it was athletes foot or something, but I could be wrong.
In response to PirateHead
Why us?

George Gough
In response to Tiberath
It's obviously a deadly archaea bacteria, visit any hot springs recently?
In response to Tiberath
Tiberath wrote:
Stephen001 wrote:

Hmm, sounds like Lupus to me.

Pff, it's never Lupus.