ID:182064

I'm telling you, branch out with your ideas. I would've never learned most of the procs I know by stopping with games and making actual programs. I started on a program and learned a few procs I felt were useless/impossible(I've never worked with them):
winset(), winget(), winshow(), findtext(), findText(), copytext().
Those procs shouldn't be limited to those who have been programming for a year or more. Those should be learned ASAP. It makes your life with Dream Maker EASIER.
It takes longer than a year to become intermediate.
In response to Popisfizzy
Jeff said he's been programming with DM for like 6-7 months and I'd consider him at LEAST intermediate.
In response to Spunky_Girl
_>, try two years in a couple of weeks.
In response to Jeff8500
I'm going for 1 year in a couple of weeks.

I'm still a beginner :P
In response to Spunky_Girl
Ya really. everyone is different yo. I could become intermediate in three days if i so choose. Thats how long it took me to finish c++ in 21 days at least... Speaking of programming books... Is "The Guide" still available? preferably one thats all sorts of up to date with the current version?
In response to jobe
jobe wrote:
I could become intermediate in three days if i so choose.

I'm sure you could.

Thats how long it took me to finish c++ in 21 days at least

Reading a book on C++ makes you no more a good programmer than reading a book on cosmology makes you a cosmologist.
In response to jobe
jobe wrote:
Thats how long it took me to finish c++ in 21 days at least

You may have finished that book but the truth is that those books are not really all that good if you do follow their 21 day mantra. Not to mention that programming requires much much more than just a language to program in.

George Gough
In response to Jeff8500
Orly? I coulda swore you said around half a year... Oh well. My bad. I've been programming for around a year come this June. Yeah I'm still a rookie, but functions like winset() and whatnot are definitely something even newbies need to learn right away. It makes their life with DM that much easier later on.