ID:182070

I was browsing around BYOND when a google ad for swoopo (http://www.swoopo.com/) caught my eye. The deals sounded much to good to be true. After a few minutes on the site, you discover it is nothing more than a legitimate sounding hoax.

The auctions may look cheap but you will need to buy prepaid bids in increments of $1 to place any bid. What's worse is that if you lose a bid, you do not get the prepaid bids back. So if you bid $150 for a new iPod then get outbid within the next few seconds, bye bye $150.

BYOND, can you remove this scam site from your list of google ads?
Rtbbvr wrote:
BYOND, can you remove this scam site from your list of google ads?

Supposedly they did that already.

[link]
I also want this removed from BYOND. I went to the site and they in no way warn you that you do not get the money returned from a lost bid. They just don't. I in no way feel angry to BYOND for losing 15$ on a amazon.com gift card bid, but I would like it removed so no one else is directed to swoopo from BYOND and fall prey to the scam.
Sorry, I cleared out some of our ad filters and this one got reintroduced. It's blocked again (or should be within a few hours).
In response to Foomer
lol I wouldn't know, since I used Firefox's adblocker plugin to block the advertisements ;p