In response to Xxdragonslxx
Xxdragonslxx wrote:
To be honest i dont see byond in the next five years because something could happen, somebody could die, tom or dan could just lose intrest in this whole thing and just say screw it, but i try to think on the good side of things and i hope byond is around for a long time to come.

I believe there are enough people who have the interest in BYOND to keep it alive through turbulence or tragedy. What we need is for an avid BYONDer to win a big lawsuit for a few million dollars and promote the development of BYOND to a new and more amazing level. :D
In response to AJX
AJX wrote:
Xxdragonslxx wrote:
To be honest i dont see byond in the next five years because something could happen, somebody could die, tom or dan could just lose intrest in this whole thing and just say screw it, but i try to think on the good side of things and i hope byond is around for a long time to come.

I believe there are enough people who have the interest in BYOND to keep it alive through turbulence or tragedy. What we need is for an avid BYONDer to win a big lawsuit for a few million dollars and promote the development of BYOND to a new and more amazing level. :D

lol you have a good idea but i think if somebody won a few million dollars they wouldn't invest it in byond
In response to digitalmouse
I am working on something at the moment, but it isn't anything more then a generic ORPG and the lack of finding decent sprite work slows me down quite a bit. That being said, if you've judged what I've said about the time line based on my own key age, don't. I've been around since middle school and I am 24 years old now. Also I still refuse to move on to 4.0 because I don't fully grasp the interface editor that well and to be honest, the help file really sucks for it right now.

Everything does end in it's own due course. But I believe that BYOND needs to update itself more before it can really get anywhere. It really dispoints me when the second any person mentions any sort of 3D implimention, someone shoots it down right away. Why can't BYOND be easy and simple to use, while still allowing some 3D elements? And why couldn't BYOND allow the alteration of the grid size? Theres always excuses, but when you see other engines do it, it can be disheartening. To be honest, I really like BYOND, but as I get older and my interests change and the time available to me gets shorter, not only do I find myself using BYOND less and less, but I also find myself looking for other engines to work with. DerDragon's is one I am looking forward to for sure.

There are a few engines I have played with, that are similar to BYOND, in some senses and I have watched a majority of them die, to a point where they have made a brand new community with all of their stuff together just so they can say they have a bigger audience, and that is still half the size of BYOND. And I know, there are always people talking about BYOND's impending doom. Just like there are people always complaining about BYOND Aime. I am not trying to convince anyone, just giving you my opinion.
Page: 1 2 3