ID:182194

Hello. I have tried three methods of hosting with dream daemon, and none of them are working.

1) Disabled firewall, didnt work, tried to "Exempt" a port (and yes, i tried the program too), didnt work either
2) tried port forwarding through my first router:
Wireless-B Broadband Router
BEFW11S4
didnt work.
3) Tried forwarding through my house's connection to the internet using my bell router:
SpeedStream 6520 Series
DIDNT WORK.

I have gotten frustrated and found the problem is only with MY computer, but the other computers are CR@P and cant host very well (low hd space, low ram, low cpu, basicly sucks)

Are there any other ways to host byond? Like no-ip or hamachi ect.

if so how would I do this?

PS: This is the network setup
Router 1 -----> 3 computers
|
|
|
|
-->My Router -----> 2 computers (including mine)

Router 1 -
SpeedStream 6520 Series
Firmware-Unknown (V1 I think)

Router 2 - Lynksys Wireless-B Broadband Router BEFW11S4
Firmware Version: 1.50.10
Anyone have an alternative method to normal port forwarding? I could really use the help
In response to KingCold999
*BUMP*
Still having the same problem...
I have a linksys router myself and I can say that Wireless-B is horrible connection speed. So even if you manage to port forward successfully and host, others would still have a terrible lag time. Wireless-N seems to be the latest and greatest you can get. I have Wireless-G (v2 or whatever) so I'm just a step under Wireless-N. But even I'd make for a terrible host since I'm on wireless :(. If you want to host, I'd recommend being hardwired.
In response to Mizukouken Ketsu
first of all, I didnt understand the last part, hardwired *will look it up*. But if this costs extra money, I wont be able to do this, as I have none (broke :( and will be for a while)
Hardwired, meaning having an internet cable running from your computer to your router. Non-wireless in a sense, even though it's still technically wireless since you have a wireless router.
I am wired than, its a desktop I am trying to host from (it doesnt have a wireless ethernet card).
Did you follow the directions word-for-word on http://www.portforward.com ?
Which router is the Internet connected to? If it's connected to "Router 1", you will need to set up port forwarding like this:

On "Router 1", forward whatever port you're using to "My router"
On "My router", forward the same port to your computer.
In response to Immibis
Yah I did try the portforward.com, and as for the second response, I'll try that and post about it here.

EDIT: Tried it, didnt work

Going to try to remove the linksys router and put another one in, see if that one works
Are you hosting on the same port you're forwarding? (Yes I know it's a silly question)

Which ISP do you use?
Which port are you trying to use?

Also try using the DMZ setting on both routers if possible, rather than port forwarding (this works like forwarding every port to the same computer).
In response to Immibis
You should NEVER open more ports than you need. You're only making more security risks for yourself. Only open ONE port per program that you need to port forward. And for added security, change the port every so often (like once a month).
In response to Immibis
ok, I am using Bell Sympatico, and trying to port forward port 1992 at this point (Will probbably change this later)

And I am only trying to open ONE port for byond.
Thanks to all people who helped me! I have it working now. I found a small d-link router (just a router, no software required, one of those 5-10$ cheapies) in the basement and hooked it up rather than the linksys. I think it was the linksys that had some problems, not my PC XD

Still wondering whats wrong with the linksys though... it use to work >.>
I had issues with my Linksys product too. My friends had some trouble as well. Seems like Linksys is going downhill a bit :(