ID:182276

I'm currently using either NetBSD or FreeBSD(419, don't remember which one) and there seems to be a problem that the CPU usuage spikes up to 100% and stays there after the game is up for a certain amount of time(now before you say "poorly programmed", my game lasts a few hours(at least 12 hours before the auto killer kills it) but there are others that last about 2 minutes before it spikes up to 100% so i'm sure that this isn't my fault)...

Could anyone offer me advice please? This is a pretty big problem and I'd like to fix it asap.

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
15309 axerob_s 15 0 27676 24m 2216 S 5.0 2.4 31:23.61 DreamDaemon

That is what WOTS is at right now with about 65 people on, but eventually that'll randomly spike up to 100% for no reason.
That really isn't very pleasant, is it. Could you provide more information on the load averages (the 3 numbers denoting general load, eg. 0.12 0.14 0.23). cat /proc/loadavg will provide this.
In response to Stephen001
0.09 0.11 0.09 1/203 10413

those are the numbers i got when i typed that in...i have no idea what it means so..yeah.
In response to Axerob
The load average is a very nice statistic, from which you can work out and spot CPU trends. I don't see anything too unusual with those figures though.
In response to Stephen001
I guess that would be useful.

I still have no idea why this is hapening though...I mean if it was just one game then i could see what the problem was, but it's been everything i've tried. I'm going to run a few tests to see what peaks the CPU.

I'll start with WOTS since it's really the only thing i host on it reguarly.

The server currently has 100 people on it.

OOC Spam -- Nothing
Jutsu Spam(In training mode) -- Nothing
Jutsu Spam(outside of training mode) -- Small Spike(about 5-8%, but goes back down almost immediatley)
Mass Killing -- Small Spike(about 3-5%, but goes down quickly)
Mass Saving -- Spike (10%, but quickly went down)
Mass Relogging -- Huge Spike(got the CPU up to about 46% and was at about....10%, but once relogging stopped, went down)

I might as well post the profile aswell(both average and non average, arranged by Total CPU)

http://www.byond.com/members/Axerob/files/Average.rtf
http://www.byond.com/members/Axerob/files/Total.rtf

The game has been up a few hours already(CPU spec: Dual Core 3.0 Ghz Processor, not sure if it's intel or AMD)

The -only- proc that is actually a CPU hog is stat(), but there's 100 people on, but i could easily remove stat() by using grids and outputs, which i may have to do.
In response to Axerob
Seems like its the game to me i wouldn't be surprised it is a naruto game rip?

[EDIT] Oops to busy :D
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:

Fixed. You misspelled the tags.

George Gough
In response to KodeNerd
Are you using the WINE version of DreamDaemon?
Or the Linux version?
(just a shot in the dark.)
I would assume the Linux version since that DreamDaemon doesn't have an exe extension infront of it.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:

[EDIT] Oops to busy :D

You seem to forget that it's my source that everyone ripped :( Plus it's been re-programmed anyway so the source that the rips use and my current source is 100% different. Not to mention i've hosted other(non anime) stuff that spikes and crashes within 2 minutes, so i'm pretty sure it's not the game.

@ Flamesage: it's the regular Linux version...