ID:182283

I don't really know that much about laptops' graphics except that they'll never be listed on a game's minimum requirements on the box, so is there anywhere I can look to find out what kind of PC graphics card a Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family is? I hate buying new PC games because anymore you can't return them if your computer can't run them =\

All I've found by searching is a site from Dell saying "This chipset works with these games:" but nowhere in dxdiag or online will it tell me a speed or something to compare to other cards. I can get a very, very vague idea of what might work from that list on Dell, but one of the games I was thinking about getting is sitting on the high edge of the requirements for some of the games that it lists so I must be sure D:

If this doesn't work, there's always the other way to find out if the game will work (installing it >_> <_<), but we're probably not supposed to discuss that here.
It's intel integrated graphics. Generally that means bad things for wanting to play new games (although intel's newer stuff looks like it won't be so bad). The mobile chipset can probably be considered to be the same as the non-mobile version for performance.

Here's an article that should give some idea of performance: http://techreport.com/articles.x/12195/9

It looks like performance-wise it's a contemporary of the GeForce 6150. The article mentions that they couldn't run a few games like Oblivion, but that's probably due to driver issues since the review was done when the chipset had just come out.