I Made A Dungeon!

by Hedgemistress
Rogue-like action! Child-like graphics!
ID:1822930

There is now a "town" area that serves as a lobby before the dungeon. The town is menu-based rather than map based, and it currently has three functions: Body Shop (customize appearance), Training Hall (choose character class), and Inn (name character, which is necessary to save).

There are two character classes right now, Fighter and Thief. Thieves are a bit underpowered because most of the stuff they do isn't in yet. I've added stealth (H for Hide, though there's a currently invisible cool-down period after it's used), and Thieves are better at it and can also attack without revealing themselves unless they hit. Thieves are also better at traps, but there's only one type of trap so far and it's fairly rare. Thieves also get an increase in treasure found when they kill monsters, though I can't say you'd notice this with a level one character in the shallow end of the dungeon.

Fighters are better right now simply because a lot of their advantage is based in straight statistics. A Fighter gives you more HP and more damage right off the bat. With "kill monsters, don't get killed by monsters" the most feature complete aspect of the game, this is a nice advantage.

I thought about commenting out the thief before hosting just because it is a little incomplete. I thought a half-full class would raise fewer complaints than a menu screen that gives you one class to choose from.

Items are in, though there aren't many of them: swords, daggers, and random potions (though not many varieties of them, either). Items in inventory can be used either with a clicky verb or by pressing the number that corresponds to them. Because the game holds you to a low limit of 10 items at a time (meant to treat inventory management essentially as character optimization strategy rather than "haul all the magic junk you find around), I didn't want to add too many items before there was a place to sell them. Next build will at least have a junk shop that sells nothing but buys everything.

You can also drop items (currently only via clicky verb). Items dropped in town are currently simply discarded. Items dropped in the dungeon rot faster than normal, though this effect does not persist if they're picked up by someone.
Update: There is now a junk shop.
Just a suggestion, it would be nice to put wording next to the door and ladder button. I wasn't sure what to do almost left but then I only just managed to notice the ladder.

Navigation was very difficult.