ID:182477

Well, first of all, I want to buy one of the two, and my best shot would be the 15" MacBook Pro.

But, I want to ask you guys a few questions before I buy it...

- Is a Mac really worth the money?
- If you've a Mac or a MacBook or anything from Apple aside iPods, what's your experience?
- Is a Mac recommend, if so; what's the best for a "Mac" beginner for me? Should I buy the iMac or a MacBook or a MacBook Pro?
- Any more information I need to know before buying an Mac related product, please let me know...

my friend kept saying I should get an iMac or a MacBook (Pro), I have to admit they're nice looking things.
My friend has an iMac 20" and a MacBook 13,3" white and they both work fine for him. And I love that I'm able to use XP/Vista on it (well, not Vista, but whatever).

Well, you can see I want this to succeed the right way, and not come home with it that it's all stupid and stuff.

Thanks for reading and hope you reply,

Rick
My sister has a mac, in my opinion I don't like them because you can't right click(gets me annoyed >:O) and there is a lot of things that you can't download with mac.
In response to Element Hero creator
Element Hero creator wrote:
My sister has a mac, in my opinion I don't like them because you can't right click(gets me annoyed >:O) and there is a lot of things that you can't download with mac.

Well, if you have a two button USB mouse on your mac then yeah you can :P

~Kujila
Sokkiejjj wrote:

- Is a Mac really worth the money?

If you want to use a Mac, then sure. You are however paying a bit more for the same hardware because "It's a Mac." But to be fair, the Mac hardware is always elegant and usable. I am a Windows-guy by heart, but using my dual-booting PC to run Mac OSX is always a treat.

- Is a Mac recommend, if so; what's the best for a "Mac" beginner for me? Should I buy the iMac or a MacBook or a MacBook Pro?

Like I said above: Macs aren't bad. PC's aren't either. If you like OSX and want to buy a Mac, go for it. There's pros and cons to each OS, but that's nearly been alleviated with the advancements in the major WINE-based softwares available for OSX.

- Any more information I need to know before buying an Mac related product, please let me know...

Remember; if you want to do heavy duty games, be sure to choose a Mac that has sufficient video chipsets: a lot of Macs have Intel GMA's in them, which is ok, but doesn't hold up on most of today's 3D games.

~Kujila
Looks like you posted this on your blog, so let's just redirect people over there.