ID:1825073

(See the best response by Ter13.)
Hey,

I'm trying to find out which port(s) dreamdaemon uses. Reason being, I'm trying to host but I can't due to me being on a wired University internet connection. When I find out what port byond and/or dreamdaemon uses, I can ask the IT people to open that/those port(s) for me to host. Orrr I can attempt to open them myself.
Dream Daemon will host on whichever port you specify. If you're using the Windows' GUI version, just set the value in the "Port" field in the bottom-left before you start the game.

I'm not familiar with the command-line versions, but I would assume there's an argument you can use to set the port.
In response to DarkCampainger
Oh okay. Do you happen to know how to accurately check one's network for ports that allow outgoing and incoming connections?

That's the port I assume I'm going to want to use to host.
Best response
You are going to want to open the port yourself by setting up the specific port on your router through the settings page on your router. This is called port forwarding.
I definitely would have done that, except I'm using my University's internet connection and none of the ports I put into dreamdaemon work. Also, I can't access router settings to open a port.

That's why I was just going to scan for open ports and select that one to put into dreamdaemon to host.