Could it be an issue where the connection suddenly drops for a moment and it has troubles reconnecting successfully?
In response to Laser50
Laser50 wrote:
Could it be an issue where the connection suddenly drops for a moment and it has troubles reconnecting successfully?

No. It's not a disconnection unless it's doing it without actually reconnecting to the server. Also, I feel like that's pretty unlikely when it happens even if I connect to a server im hosting on the same pc im playing from and connect using 127.168.0.1
Has anyone observed this since 512.1425? /vg/station had a highly-consistent (but seemingly hardware-dependent) example of this bug starting with the first 511 build and continuing up until exactly 512.1424. In 512.1425, it disappeared without a trace.

Also, in case this does still occur in other games, crash information was posted in another thread and Lummox said it was within an icon deconstructor, and blamed heap corruption.
In response to Exxion
Exxion wrote:
Has anyone observed this since 512.1425? /vg/station had a highly-consistent (but seemingly hardware-dependent) example of this bug starting with the first 511 build and continuing up until exactly 512.1424. In 512.1425, it disappeared without a trace.

Also, in case this does still occur in other games, crash information was posted in another thread and Lummox said it was within an icon deconstructor, and blamed heap corruption.

I updated and suggested my players update when i saw this post. At the time it was to 512.1427 and myself and none of the players who have updated have reported this issue any longer.
Ok, I lied. Just had the issue happen again. But it is happening much less infrequently.
In response to IceFire2050
What version was that? Apparently we got some reports of it happening again in 512.1435.
512.1429. It should be noted though that it was after my PC came out of sleep mode while connected to the server.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6