In response to Oral123
Oral123 wrote:
I don't see what's wrong with it.

There's nothing "wrong" with it, I'm sure other people think it's pretty and looks great. It's just my opinion.
Good work Oral i like the progress of your game its shaping up great i love the streets and whole new turf set! BMF 2015 @oral123 @Ter13.

Aren't you Stasis/Bustercannon @Unlockable the same dude that gave up on SE because you had tempertantrums and now your on the forums spewing the same negativity that rekt your game mighty interesting when your still using terrible art and attempting at having a new face while spewing ignorance, his turf set is great and probably the best thing on byond right now.
instead of lurking on the forums you should pay more attention to SE and be a bit more positive sir . *sips tea* but thats none of my business
In response to StarMeteor
StarMeteor wrote:
Aren't you Stasis/Bustercannon @Unlockable the same dude that gave up on SE because you had tempertantrums and now your on the forums spewing the same negativity that rekt your game mighty interesting when your still using terrible art and attempting at having a new face while spewing ignorance, his turf set is great and probably the best thing on byond right now.

I have no idea who that is, sorry. I'm not "spewing ignorance" or being negative, I'm just stating my opinion and maybe one day when his game is successful, someone playing will say the same thing and it'll make him think "oh, maybe I should try something else" thus making the game a better place.

I'm not sure what it is about the forum-users on BYOND but just because you state an unpopular opinion doesn't mean you're the bad guy and/or being negative.

Sorry if that's how you felt, Oral123 but that wasn't my intention.

Research and facts are easy to find, StarMeteor. :)
Lovely art!!! *Drools*

I saw that tree on Pixelation, made by Decroded. Is he working on this project? Love everything though. How did you make the cliffs though? Please tell me the process

You all new artists are so good! I am so tempted to start Fight of Elements again.
What a big improvement. I gotta say my favorite thing about those mock ups has got to be the HUD design. Nice detail. Keep up the good work.
Unlockable wrote:
Because there's other means of creating height and depth without just piling the same generic cliff top on top of another. I liked SuperAntX's use of height in depth in the sort of objective based shooter game he made.

The cliff tile approach is a really simple way to create the illusion of depth in 2D games. It's not the only technique that exists, though. There are ways to create the appearance of depth that don't rely on that one trick, but they all take time and effort.

I do hope Oral does some study on environment art and finds some of these techniques during his process of learning the craft.

As for the "old user drama"... I wouldn't worry about it. It's ridiculously common around here. I didn't read your opinion as negativity-spewing. It seemed a valid criticism.

Though, I do suppose that it was just criticism and not constructive criticism owing to the lack of other examples. that would help Oral to see what you are talking about and show him alternatives.
In response to A2J2TIWARI

I saw that tree on Pixelation, made by Decroded. Is he working on this project? Love everything though. How did you make the cliffs though? Please tell me the process

Yea, my artist is Decroded, nice guy.

Unlockable wrote:
Because there's other means of creating height and depth without just piling the same generic cliff top on top of another. I liked SuperAntX's use of height in depth in the sort of objective based shooter game he made.

http://www.byond.com/games/SuperAntx/Decadence

Yea, I understand that there are other methods and I'll do my best to exploit them, thanks for the suggestion and no I didn't take anything you said in a negative way.

In response to StarMeteor
What happened to SE? it had a very high player base.
Looks fine to me if it works for professionals it works for byond filled with mediocrity.
In response to Southv2
Southv2 wrote:
Looks fine to me if it works for professionals it works for byond filled with mediocrity.

@StarMeteor it's probably best not to assume people like that. Especially when Unlockable and whoever you're saying, are two entirely different people.

@Oral123 From what I see, the art looks really awesome.
I'll post updates every now and then. The next one will be a gif displaying combat.
Page: 1 2 3