ID:182733

http://www.byond.com/members/BYONDChat

Win a BYOND membership and free hosting for your entry!
client/verb/Say(msg as text)world<<"[src]: [msg]"

Can I has prize?

Seriously though, do we need another chat? And what about the 4k contest going on right now? =p

Why not just start an open source project? If any one thing on BYOND should be open source, it should be the chat program we all use. Since you're willing to host the winner, you could go ahead and just host the project.

Also, didn't you just start a web-based team development...thing? It would be an excellent way for people to test it out while contributing to the Chat project.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
client/verb/Say(msg as text)world<<"[src]: [msg]"

Can I has prize?

Nope, you didn't follow the requirements listed in the BYOND chat forum. :P

Seriously though, do we need another chat?

Obviously we do since people complain abou the recent crop of chats in the last year or so.

Why not just start an open source project? If any one thing on BYOND should be open source, it should be the chat program we all use. Since you're willing to host the winner, you could go ahead and just host the project.

Agreed, but I did try that a while back without much success. The idea is that a contest with prizes might get people off their butts and actually develop something worthwhile. And the winner will have to release the source as a part of the entry requirements.

Also, didn't you just start a web-based team development...thing? It would be an excellent way for people to test it out while contributing to the Chat project.

And that is still possible. We shall see how well the chat contest goes.

Please visit the BYOND chat forum for continued discussion!