ID:182879

to make it all clear http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=7wzwnxv&s=1
okay the problem is none of these updates will update every time it says issue blaah blaah bla anyway i went to microsoft.com and did the troubleshoot guide but nothing worked like it said i dont know what i did wrong but now because my computer was sent so far back my internet explore is like version 4.4 or something and when i open it makes a shortcut and stuff like that so if anyone can help me MUCH THANKS ITS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR OVER A WEEK!
what'd you do?
In response to Jerico2day
i did a system restore but i was on the phone with dell and he guided me step by step but before i go and talk to dell again and wasteing money hopeing someone here whos smart can help me.
if it helps i have windows XP
In response to Naruto0727
Unfortunately system restore is crap. I recommend never ever using it unless you totally made your os unbootable and don't have any live cds (operating system bootable from a cd). Always try to repair the installation properly.

Anyways, at this point you may have to reinstall xp from scratch.
i already tried :'(
I assume you mean you tried to repair it properly. I mean you should have tried to repair it properly before system restoring it:P

Anyways, back up your files and install from scratch.
i did install it from scratch i have the disk and everything this is how the problem occured due to a virus i had to reinstall windows XP which is why i am having this issue.
Then it's probably not a proper re-install. Just inserting the CD and having XP copy over itself is apparently not solving the problem. If there is a virus, it's hiding there somewhere out of the way.

At this point, you may need to completely erase the hard-drive and do a fresh installation of your OS. Make sure you've backed up anything important, and collect all the drivers you may need (video/audio/etc) before you start.
In response to digitalmouse
how would i do this completly i mean i only have 3 disks and right now im very confused and want my computer fixed again. i cant edit my byond pages without taking 20min finding a link to do it cuz of AOL its very confusing plz help me