In response to KodeNerd
KodeNerd wrote:
Popisfizzy wrote:
It's run by a virtual machine, and that virtual machine is Dream Seeker.

How is that related to anything I said? An interpreter is part of the tools of the language (and I just consider the standard tools to be a part of the language). I was just saying that people create their own languages because they feel like it or they thought of a feature that was not implemented.

But people aren't cranking out languages left and right whenever they feel like it; I'd think it would require quite a bit of effort. Not like a scripting language one might make using Byond , but creating, for instance, D++ (does that exist yet?) would require a lot of work.
In response to EGUY
I never said that it was easy or fast but there are thousands of languages out there.

George Gough
The DM suite of executables was written in C++. DM bytecode will decompile into the DM language. All (as far as I know) functions built into DM - for example, the Move() proc - are written in C++. But that last one's just a bit of trivia.
In response to Popisfizzy
But he is talking about decompiling. Some Something Awful members wanted to have more fun with SS13 again, and created some sort of "blob" mode for the game. Corbius didn't make the decompiler, but another member named Hobnob.
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
The DM suite of executables was written in C++. DM bytecode will decompile into the DM language. All (as far as I know) functions built into DM - for example, the Move() proc - are written in C++. But that last one's just a bit of trivia.

The only built-in functions that are not written in C++ are those that are included in the stddef.dm file. (Most of those functions call other built-in functions that are in C++, though. For example the /icon datum's procs reroute to call internal procs.) Currently that file does not get output anywhere, but as I recall the bwicki page with its contents is up to date.

Lummox JR
Page: 1 2