ID:183023

Will Dominate Halo and the 360. Microsoft fans get a kick in the nuts Feb. 10th, 2008.
See, fans like you, make the rest of the Nintendo fan base look like complete jerks. One single game will not dominate or destroy a system or a game name brand. Granted, Super Smash Brothers Brawl will be a big system seller for the Nintendo Wii, but so was Halo 3 for the Xbox 360.. And does Playstation 3 have one yet? I don't know, so someone mention one..

The point is, every system has a system seller title, and they don't derail their competitors or convert their fans.
In response to Revenant Jesus
It'll have God Of War 3, eventually.
In response to Smoko
As well as MGS4, though that'll probably get ported to another console sooner or later.
Revenant Jesus wrote:
See, fans like you, make the rest of the Nintendo fan base look like complete jerks.

While that is true, it's best to completely ignore people like him. Nothing you can or will ever say will make him realize the folly in raving about different companies.
In response to Popisfizzy
It'll probably get other titles too. I only mentioned God Of War because it's the game that made me get a PS2. I honestly dread the release of the third, because I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold out before buying a PS3 to play it.
Ok. I'll be sure to enjoy both Brawl, and various other hardcore awesome games on the 360 that the wii doesn't have by that time.

Regulating yourself to one console, and then trying to fight with other people who regulated themselves to one console is pretty stupid. Fanboys need to die.
In response to Smoko
Well, all I ever hear for the 360 is

"OMGHALO".

So its good to know that the Wii will have a game thats worthy enough to boast around.

In response to Maggeh
Being a Fan of one console is cool, because you normally find out info. early and whatnot, but it is stupid to think that one console can be the best at everything. I have a Wii, and it is super fun, but the graphics suck majorly. Plus they're too obsessed with the new controls right now, and the early games forgot about decent/advanced gameplay.

I'll be buying a Xbox 360 too, and if the PS3 goes down in price a bit more I'll probably get that too. I played my mates PS3 and the graphics were incredible but I didn't find it half as fun as the Wii. They all have their strengths, and weaknesses.

~Ease~
In response to Rugg
Rugg wrote:
Well, all I ever hear for the 360 is

"OMGHALO".

So its good to know that the Wii will have a game thats worthy enough to boast around.

You're doing the equivalent with "OMGSSB:B" for the Wii.
I think Brawl looks like it'll be very fun, but is there really much to boast about unless someone had a hand in making the game?
In response to Sarm
Well yeah, now I'll have a wii game that I can do that for.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
As well as MGS4, though that'll probably get ported to another console sooner or later.

I heard thats going to the Wii too.
Honestly, Ratchet and Clank was one of the main reasons I bought the PS3. Not because I could play Ratchet and Clank that day(I bought them when they were still in short supply), but I knew I would be able to some day, and I had the money that day. If I wouldn't have bought a PS3 back then, I would have on Ratchet and Clanks release.

We all have our favorite games, system sellers, if you will, and mine was Ratchet and Clank.

I do plan on getting a Wii at some point, but right now the only games I actually want to play on it I either have already got my fill of(friends with a Wii), am willing to wait(Mario), am waiting for it to be released(Brawl). So I'm not going to bother with a Wii until there's a game I must play or I can pick one off the shelve when I have the money in hand.
In response to Danial.Beta
Ratchet and Clank looks alright, but I never even played the first one. I used to own a PS3, but I sold it when I couldn't find anything I wanted to play. With the current price drops though, I think soon I'll almost be forced to buy another, just so I have it when something comes out I do want.

Metal Gear isn't going to come out for the PS3 and the Wii. Because the games would have to be different. Regardless of how much I like the Wii, the control schemes wouldn't be able to match up as well, nor would the graphical capacity. I am willing to bet we might see a Metal Gear game on the Wii, but it certainly won't be the same PS3 game.

Mario Galaxy is already out, but I simply don't have the money to buy it right now, but I have heard nothing but good things about it. Now that I think about it, most if not all Mario titles I enjoyed a lot. I am also waiting on Brawl and Resident Evil Chronicles.
In response to Ease
Ease wrote:
Being a Fan of one console is cool, because you normally find out info. early and whatnot

And you can't if you like another console...?
In response to Rugg
Ohh Ohh! I want to join in too!
OMFG HAZE!
OMFG UNREAL TOURNAMENT 3! YAY!
That and Little Big Planet~
Me and 0 of my other friends who own a PS3 can play with me =D! So basically that means they'll have to come over here ;_; None the less... =3

Speaking of things. SSBB looks like fun but I'm sure its over hyped. Halo 3 was. Now see, I don't say that because I'm a PS3 owner I say that because alot of my friends who played it said it wasn't All That.

But in all seriousness. If I get a Wii for christmas(Most likely because my mother loves animal crossing) I'll probably ignore that and my PS3 because I'm buying a PC and everyone knows PC Games are awesome. Plus I do most of my work on a PC so when I have access to one 24/7 I'm going to have alot of time to workkk.
Revenant Jesus wrote:

Metal Gear isn't going to come out for the PS3 and the Wii. Because the games would have to be different. Regardless of how much I like the Wii, the control schemes wouldn't be able to match up as well, nor would the graphical capacity. I am willing to bet we might see a Metal Gear game on the Wii, but it certainly won't be the same PS3 game.

I doubt its coming to the wii(unless Hideo Kojima has a thing for the wii, which I either don't remember or haven't heard of). It's likely to come to the 360 seeing as at this point in time, graphics are either better or barely discernible between the 360/ps3 from what I've heard.
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
Well from what I have read, the PS3 actually has the potential to really blast the Xbox 360 out of the water when it comes down to graphical prowess. There are two big problems though, one of which being that, a lot of PS3 games also appear on the Xbox 360, which means they are going to match the games as close as possible, the second being, that a lot of developers are still trying to learn how to work with the PS3. I once read that the PS3 is the hardest out of all 3 systems to develop for.

As far as little big planet goes, big deal, it looks like a do nothing game as far as I am concealed. When they released Viva Pinata for the Xbox 360 I got really excited and ended up buying it on impulse. And I was very disappointed, the game had almost no game play and took forever to get anywhere at all. After 2 weeks of playing it I was sick of it and sold it.

From watching the game play elements for Little Big Planet, I have come to the conclusion that it is going to be something similar. People are going to say "hey that looks kind of cool." and for awhile it might be, but after a week or so of playing it, it is going to be horribly boring and repetitive.

So far, the ONLY thing that looks kind of cool is Home for the PS3. And I don't think that is even a good reason to buy a PS3.
In response to SuperAntx
Im not insulting any companys. I've had to listen in school all day about how awesome Halo 3 is. Well now Wii owners get their turn.
In response to Rugg
Rugg wrote:
Im not insulting any companys. I've had to listen in school all day about how awesome Halo 3 is. Well now Wii owners get their turn.

Understandable; I used to have to listen to my sony fan friend talk about how the ps3 was just gonna be some awesome(before it and the wii came out). But ever since launch, he's been amazingly quiet..Not sure if he's even a HUGE sony fan anymore, even though he kinda digs the ps2 I guess..
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7