Rugg wrote:
Will Dominate Halo and the 360. Microsoft fans get a kick in the nuts Feb. 10th, 2008.

NO WAY MAN! Your lying lol
SSBB Can't wait for it it's going to kick ass with snake and sonic as the additions to the SSB series.

~`*PixelBind.inc
In response to Evil-Inuyasha
Zing~
Now we just wait for FF7-9,000 and it starts all over again
In response to Evil-Inuyasha
There is a difference. Halo fans like halo 3 simply because it's a halo game. While in that point ssb fans are the same, they still tend to be more versed in the actual facts of the game. So, if brawl confirmed that gameplay would be vastly changed, players would be pissed. However, if Halo 3 had, before it was released, confirmed that gameplay would be changed the fans would not care.
I would >=\
Goddamn it.
In response to WarLin
I didn't mean all of them >.>
Are you kidding? You should have seen the [I like to say bad words] stormed that removing the scope on the pistol caused.
In response to Maggeh
Fox's pistol..? Or the item itself.

What did it matter anyways?
In response to Maggeh
Please do not swear.

George Gough
In response to Rugg
I honestly do not think that you should try comparing games of two different genres. It is like comparing apples to oranges. I would rather compare Brawl to some othergames in the same genre.

George Gough
In response to KodeNerd
Why was your key made like 5 days ago o_o

George Gough
In response to digitalmouse
Really...? Because you still need someone to build a emulator to the Wii, and considering I still can't find a halfway decent Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamecube or Nintendo DS emulator, I doubt that we are going to see a Wii emulator any time in the future.
In response to Revenant Jesus
Yeah, and its not a wii without the wiimotes/nunchuck.
In response to Rugg
Because it was...

George Gough
In response to Revenant Jesus
Revenant Jesus wrote:
Really...? Because you still need someone to build a emulator to the Wii, and considering I still can't find a halfway decent Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamecube or Nintendo DS emulator, I doubt that we are going to see a Wii emulator any time in the future.

The reason that there are not any decent emulators for the recent consoles/handhelds is because they are more complicated.

A true emulator for the Wii is very far off. However, you could create something similar to a WiiMote if you know what you are doing.

George Gough
In response to Rugg
Rugg wrote:
I wouldn't play them. I play Super smash for fun.

Items? Hell yeah. Also I hate fox :)

Congratulations. People who play tourney rules are also doing it to have fun.

That's a good thing about Super Smash Bros; there's enough customization to let you play the game in a bunch of weird ways. There are a couple of reasons why items and many stages are banned from tournament play, though.

1) Fox is already considered a top-tier character in SSB:Melee. Apparantly he's even more broken compared to most of the other characters if you allow items on. Can you imagine trying to reach most items on a slower character if you have an experiences Fox player zipping around the stage to round them up? Fox would become even MORE desired to play than he is already.

2) Exploding capsules/crates. This is the only type of item you can't turn off without turning all items off in the first place. I've read about at least one tournament where the two finalists were zipping around the stage, both at high percentages and on their last lives. Essentially, the next hit for either of them would win. Guess what happened.

Boom. Exploding capsule appears in the middle of one character's attack animation. No possible way to avoid it. Obviously the other player "won" but there would be no way to tell who would have won the fight, since the exploding item interrupted the game.

3) Larger stages make for less action and prolonged games. Hyrule Temple is my favorite stage in melee, but some matches can last damn-near forever if someone decides he's going to play Keep Away, or you get in a cage match in the tunnel area of the stage.

People who play with tournament rules don't necessarily keep away from goofier matches. The same people who will play No Items, Fox Only, Final Destination can also sit back and enjoy a goofy match on Big Blue. However, if you organize a tournament, especially one that will award cash prizes, you want to remove as many random factors as you can.

To say "you play it for fun" and implying that tournament rules can't be fun for other people too is just ignorant.
In response to Sarm
Well, i looked in my K-mart flyer i got in the mail and SSBM comes out December third <_<. But yeah, SSBM will be fun and whatnot, but i don't like the Wii all that much. There aren't really any good games, granted some of them are fun for a short time. Nintendo is trying to appeal to the gamers ages 8-12 and Microsoft and Sony are going after the 14+ Players, that's why there's such a big argument over the Wii, PS3(but it sucks, some developers condsider it a failure of a console), and Xbox360. Plus, the 360 isn't all about HALO, even though i'm a fan of Halo.

I'm getting a 360 for Christmas, and here is why

1: Blue Dragon
2: Call of Duty 4(even though it's on the PS3 and Wii(?))
3: Halo 3
4: Bioshock
Various RPG games, etc..

There's more too, but i don't remember the name of some of them, hence the "Various RPG games"
In response to Axerob
It was changed to febuary 10th, 2008.

Also revealing the addition of Sonic.

.. And Nintendo bases its games for any age. Its a common household name that everyone was fond of back in the old days, and still today.
In response to Rugg
I knew sonic was in a while ago rugg o_o why would they change it so suddenly?
In response to Axerob
To add more stuff to the game. Adding sonic probably meant that they had to go through alot of copyright, and maybe fitting him in the 1 player mode?

Who knows. They made add another 3rd party character, though.

Longer the better.

(for some -tear-)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7