ID:183141

Anyone here know when a version of byond past 4.1 will be out? I mean i hear Tom announcing fixed and new stuff for all of these versions and i went to the download center and it wasnt there only 3.5 and 4.1 or is 409.974 just for byond testers at this moment?
VolksBlade wrote:
Anyone here know when a version of byond past 4.1 will be out?

Considering there's not even any such version as 4.1, that's a nonense question.

I mean i hear Tom announcing fixed and new stuff for all of these versions and i went to the download center and it wasnt there only 3.5 and 4.1 or is 409.974 just for byond testers at this moment?

409.974 is the current build of BYOND 4.0. It's the one you should be using.

Lummox JR
VolksBlade wrote:
Anyone here know when a version of byond past 4.1 will be out? I mean i hear Tom announcing fixed and new stuff for all of these versions and i went to the download center and it wasnt there only 3.5 and 4.1 or is 409.974 just for byond testers at this moment?

Check the Announcements forum.
In response to Tom
In the downloads section, why not link to the latest version? Or perhaps the announcement forums?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
VolksBlade wrote:
Anyone here know when a version of byond past 4.1 will be out?

Considering there's not even any such version as 4.1, that's a nonense question.

I mean i hear Tom announcing fixed and new stuff for all of these versions and i went to the download center and it wasnt there only 3.5 and 4.1 or is 409.974 just for byond testers at this moment?

409.974 is the current build of BYOND 4.0. It's the one you should be using.

Lummox JR

on the download site the newest version i seen was this:

BYOND 4.0 Public Beta!
Version 401.963

BYOND 4.0 is finally ready for public testing. Version 401 is the second major public release.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
In the downloads section, why not link to the latest version? Or perhaps the announcement forums?

Laziness. But it's a good idea. We should update those with 409 at least, since it's probably the most stable one.
In response to Tom
The latest build is almost always the most stable one...

Almost always.