ID:183165

Applicable Configuration:
BYOND Version: 406.971
Operating System: Window's XP Home SP2
Web Browser: IE7
Game/Hub(s): don't have one
Video Card (for graphics bugs): ATI radeon X300

Descriptive Problem Summary: When I get on byond 406.971, it gives me this thing telling me to upgrade to BYOND 3.55 or BYOND 4.0...

On any other BYOND version from like 401 to 1 before this one, it didn't say that, it just said, for example "You have the latest version 404.967 (when this was the latest), congratulations!"

I am going to youtube this one as well, and show what happens on 404 if it still does that...or if this is all pagers everywhere...

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: Log onto BYOND

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: It telling me "congratulations, you have the latest version!"

Actual Results: Telling me I should get the update from March 7, 2007 BYOND 3.55" and "Get the new byond 4.0 now released for public beta testing!"

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? I am unsure how to answer this.
On other computers? Yes.
In other user accounts? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur? When you use BYOND 406.971.

Workarounds: I assume this is already in place, but if the pager connected to the site or hub or something, and got it's update's from THEIR then it might be possible to fix that way...but I think that's how it is already...

My next post will be a YOUTUBE video showing the bug in action compared to an earlier version, so stay tuned!

Moleboy wrote:
My next post will be a YOUTUBE video showing the bug in action compared to an earlier version, so stay tuned!

lol, yes, staying tuned, looking forward to your updates!
Ok, seriously. No need to make a video for this, surely not post it to a public video site, which will just look silly.
Especially when if already, a screenshot should suffice.

Not very clear what exactly you're referring to in "Workarounds", and actually in the rest of hte post as well, but anyway it seems they forgot to update the BYOND version on the site, yes. Not really an error, they just forgot to update that news page.

(Now I hope I'm not getting you right but, no, it isn't telling you to update to 3.5 or anything, it's just a news page. That's why it says "annoucements". It shows the latest BYOND versions, 355.914 because thats the latest, non-beta version)
In response to Kaioken
Well, so far I made a movie on a previous bug, and it did a TON OF HELP...so here...

It shows the aspects of the bug, and how different earlier versions actually are working better on that one part...

I hope this shows everything, it's really short, and straight to the point...I hope I've helped :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nHQl_PATKA

It's a wee bit fuzzy, but you can make out the words, and what I'm showing you...

Once again I've hope I've helped :-)

Have a nice day!
In response to Moleboy
Moleboy wrote:
Well, so far I made a movie on a previous bug, and it did a TON OF HELP...so here...

It shows the aspects of the bug, and how different earlier versions actually are working better on that one part...

Dude, we get the gist from your description. Making a YouTube video out it is just a waste of time & space.

And even if a video recording would be useful, yours still wouldn't be because the quality sucks: I can barely read what you're writing in notepad, let alone what happens on BYOND.

-- Data