ID:1832548

I'm just wondering (again) if I've run into a genuine problem or if I'm doing something wrong here. I'm not a programmer by any right, just a BYOND user as a more or less hobby.

Aaaanyways, I've found some problems with movement when working with a 32x24 icon size. The first problem I found in a project I was working on where I noticed the icons layering funny when I was moving, so I tried to recreate that when I ran into this little quirk.

The test project can be found here, and I'll describe it below.

When you run this project you're a ball on a grid with an arrow in the middle. The arrow is just a compass showing which direction you're facing.

You'll notice that when your camera is facing EAST or WEST, the character 'jumps back' a few pixels before moving when heading NORTH or SOUTH. This doesn't happen any other direction on any other camera orientation. Is this intended behaviour or is it something that got overlooked and has flown under the radar due to how unpopular screen rotation is?
Was just checking the zip out of interest to see what you were talking about, but there seems to be a code file missing from the project?
Looks like a bug to me.

Yeah, that jumping behavior is definitely a bug. Go ahead and move this to Bug Reports and fill in the bug info (this is a gliding issue so it's a Dream Seeker bug) and I'll take a look sometime.
Bug report can be found at ID:1836469 Let me know if you need any more info.

I'll keep looking into that first issue I mentioned and try to recreate it to see if it's a BYOND issue, or something I'm doing wrong.