ID:183341

I need some opinions because Im about to buy one of the systems but dont know which to pick.Should I get a Xbox 360 Elite or a Wii
For someone who loves good graphics I chose the Wii over the 360 as I already had a awesome PC that can play Bioshock at full graphics.
The Wii isn't exactly a powerhouse but it still can produce some nice graphics, look at Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3.
It's down to the developer to tweak the graphics, and some companies don't as they just make crappy ports.
The 360 does have a large array of games and most of them have great visuals and If you have a large hd tv it won't goto waste.
I was contemplating getting a 360 but after I heard the failure rate is over 30% I was a little concerned.

360 core can be had for around the same price as a Wii so I'd suggest having a look at some of the games already out and upcoming for both consoles and see which one takes your fancy. Also calculate the costs of games, accessories into account when you buy a console.
Xbox 360. The Wii has no games out currently that are any good while the 360 does since it's been out longer.

Easy choice.
In response to Ol' Yeller
What Yeller basically said, but given that Christmas is in a few months time, i would pick a wii up right now. The Nintendo wii has 5 killer titles coming out for it this holiday season (SuperSmash Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil Umbrealla Chronicles, Soul Caliber Legends, Dragon Blade Wrath of Fire, Battalion Wars 2, Ghost Squad, Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn and Count Mario Galaxy if you like) plus another 5 or more casual/party games (Wiifit, Dewy's Adventure, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, EA Playground and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2). I would suggest you get a 360 because of live, it is awesome and the variety of games. But being a wii owner and knowing its current demand issues, grab one whilst stocks last!

I also guarantee you that your Nintendo Wii -will- grab the attention of nearly every single member of your family :P
In response to Ol' Yeller
Ol' Yeller wrote:
Xbox 360. The Wii has no games out currently that are any good while the 360 does since it's been out longer.

Easy choice.

Oh my god I hate blatant ignorance of the good games on Wii. At the minimum, you could have said at least 1-5 good games; but all of those are lies too. Anyways, go ahead and get a 360; it has more games for now..The wii has to catch up(number of RELEASED games-wise; it has plenty announced ones) and the developers need to be pushed to put even more on it(I'm lookin at you EA; I want my Def Jam on wii '-.-).
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
Mecha Destroyer JD wrote:
Ol' Yeller wrote:

Easy choice.

Oh my god I hate blatant ignorance of the good games on Wii. At the minimum, you could have said at least 1-5 good games; but all of those are lies too. Anyways, go ahead and get a 360; it has more games for now..The wii has to catch up(number of RELEASED games-wise; it has plenty announced ones) and the developers need to be pushed to put even more on it(I'm lookin at you EA; I want my Def Jam on wii '-.-).

NSTC/U

August 27, 2007 - Carnival Games
August 27, 2007 - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
August 28, 2007 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
August 28, 2007 - Ultimate Duck Hunting
====================
September 3, 2007 - Hooked! Real Motion Fishing
September 4, 2007 - Blitz: The League
September 4, 2007 - Dewy's Adventure
September 4, 2007 - Pool Party
September 7, 2007 - Counter Force
September 7, 2007 - Ninjabread Man
September 10, 2007 - Fishing Master
September 11, 2007 - Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
September 18, 2007 - Cosmic Family
September 18, 2007 - Mercury Meltdown Revolution
September 18, 2007 - MySims
September 25, 2007 - Balls of Fury
September 25, 2007 - Bratz: Movie Starz
September 25, 2007 - Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party
September 25, 2007 - Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire
September 25, 2007 - Hot Wheels: Beat That
September 25, 2007 - Pimp My Ride
September 25, 2007 - Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
September 26, 2007 - Backyard Football 2008
September 28, 2007 - Anubis II
September 28, 2007 - Billy the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing
September 28, 2007 - Dave Mirra BMX Challenge
====================
October 2, 2007 - Crash of the Titans
October 2, 2007 - MLB Power Pros
October 2, 2007 - NBA Live 08
October 2, 2007 - Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
October 5, 2007 - Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
October 8, 2007 - Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
October 9, 2007 - Bleach: Shattered Blade
October 9, 2007 - FIFA Soccer 08
October 9, 2007 - Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal
October 9, 2007 - Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
October 16, 2007 - Avatar: The Last Airbender -- The Burning Earth
October 16, 2007 - Brothers in Arms: Double Time
October 16, 2007 - Code Lyoko
October 16, 2007 - Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, The
October 16, 2007 - Thrillville: Off the Rails
October 16, 2007 - Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
October 22, 2007 - EA Playground
October 22, 2007 - Indianapolis 500 Legends
October 22, 2007 - Sims 2: Castaway, The
October 23, 2007 - Blast Works: Build, Fuse & Destroy
October 23, 2007 - Cars Mater-National
October 23, 2007 - Luxor: Pharaoh's Challenge
October 23, 2007 - Namco Museum Remix
October 23, 2007 - Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution
October 23, 2007 - Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots
October 23, 2007 - Power Rangers: Super Legends
October 29, 2007 - Battalion Wars 2
October 29, 2007 - Endless Ocean
October 29, 2007 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
October 30, 2007 - Barbie Island Princess
October 30, 2007 - Bee Movie Game, The
October 30, 2007 - Ben 10: Protector of Earth
October 30, 2007 - Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey
October 30, 2007 - Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour
October 30, 2007 - Need for Speed ProStreet
October 30, 2007 - Octopuzzle
October 30, 2007 - Simpsons Game, The
====================
November 5, 2007 - Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn
November 6, 2007 - Game Party
November 6, 2007 - Garfield Gets Real
November 6, 2007 - Geometry Wars: Galaxies
November 6, 2007 - Ghost Squad
November 6, 2007 - Harvest Moon Heroes
November 6, 2007 - High School Musical: Sing It!
November 6, 2007 - LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
November 6, 2007 - Medal of Honor Heroes 2
November 6, 2007 - My Word Coach
November 6, 2007 - Spy Games: Elevator Mission
November 12, 2007 - Cruis'n
November 12, 2007 - Super Mario Galaxy
November 13, 2007 - Catz 2007
November 13, 2007 - Dancing With The Stars
November 13, 2007 - Dogz 2007
November 13, 2007 - Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
November 13, 2007 - Godzilla: Unleashed
November 13, 2007 - Horsez 2
November 13, 2007 - Jenga
November 13, 2007 - NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
November 13, 2007 - Nitrobike
November 13, 2007 - Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
November 13, 2007 - Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
November 13, 2007 - Smartypants
November 13, 2007 - Soulcalibur Legends
November 13, 2007 - Trauma Center: New Blood
November 19, 2007 - SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis
November 19, 2007 - WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008
November 20, 2007 - Bully: Scholarship Edition
November 20, 2007 - History Channel: Battle For the Pacific
November 20, 2007 - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
November 20, 2007 - Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis
November 20, 2007 - Victorious Boxers: Revolution
November 27, 2007 - AMF Bowling: Pinbusters
November 27, 2007 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Hard Evidence
November 27, 2007 - Star Trek: Conquest
====================
December 3, 2007 - Kitty Luv
December 3, 2007 - Puppy Luv
December 3, 2007 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
December 4, 2007 - Golden Compass, The
December 14, 2007 - Alvin and the Chipmunks
They're both good choices. I own both consoles and would recommend either of them to you. I prefer the Wii however the XBOX 360 gets more playtime as here in Australia we aren't getting the good Wii games as fast as we should be. I'm still buying GameCube games for it and enjoying them a lot.

If you're interested in online multiplayer the XBOX 360 has every other console beat. You pay a monthly fee but thanks to that Microsoft push the developers into including online play anywhere they can (and making it to a decent standard).
The Gametag system works really well. Voice-chat in all multiplayer games is great, even if there are a lot of annoying little kids and guys who like the sound of their own voice way too much.
Nintendo doesn't have a very strong online system, but it's more than made up for by their extremely strong local multiplayer games. The ease of the Wii control system makes it possible to get a good game out of pretty much anyone.

The graphics look alright on the Wii isn't like playing a new game with an old graphics card. The games are all designed for it.
They're obviously out shined when viewed next to the XBOX 360 or the PS3, but you don't play Wii and 360 games at the same time so you almost never find yourself thinking about it.
I was playing Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GC) on the Wii the other day after playing the BioShock demo (XBOX 360) and it took about 10 seconds for my eyes to adjust. After that point I completely forgot about graphics.

The high failure rate on the XBOX 360's is worth mentioning. It's not as risky as it sounds, you've just got to make sure it's clear when you buy it that you can return it if it goes bad. Also, if you buy one burn yourself up a CD with some songs on it and play it for about fifteen minutes. When you take it out there shouldn't be any marks or scratches on the CD (that weren't there already). This is an important step because if your XBOX 360 is damaging discs it will do so from day one, and I don't think Microsoft will replace the scratched discs (although they will fix the problem).
Both are great systems. For the Xbox 360, you got a lot of first person shooters and a quality online experience, even if it does cost a monthly fee. The only problem is, you'll find yourself spending a lot more money with the Xbox 360. games are $10-$20 more expensive then the Wii and there is just so much cool stuff on the Xbox Live Market place, you'll end up spending some cash. All online gaming has to be done with a gold membership. Luckily when you make a new account you get 1 month free. The hardware on the Xbox 360 is really expensive as well.

The Nintendo Wii is a great party or friend system. Some of the most fun games I have played came from the Wii. I have spent hours with people playing Wii Sports and Wii Play and to be honest, sometimes it is nice to get away from the traditional classic game pad. And the best thing about the Nintendo Wii is it is half the cost of either the Xbox 360 and the Sony PS3. Thats what Nintendo's plan was, to make it so cheap, almost every game will eventually own a Wii, just because they can. The Nintendo Wii hardware might be cheap, but you'll find yourself nickel and penny-ed to death having to buy so many accessories. Like a Lan adapator if you don't have Wifi, or extra controllers, or whatever.

I play my Xbox 360 and Wii almost the same amount. I usually play Wii sports at least an hour a day, and then I end up playing my Xbox 360 for awhile. The thing about the Wii is, it doesn't have the best graphics, anyone can tell you that, but it is good enough. The graphics are updated and they look good and thats all that matters. You might not get visuals like Gears of War, but that shouldn't be a big decision maker.

What Ol' Yeller said is basically wrong. Most of the games out for the Wii are fun and while a lot of them are titles that you should rent, because they are party games, or so short, that doesn't make them any less fun. Mario Party 8, Wii Play, Wario Ware, there are a ton of games out there that are a blast to play. Later on this year and early next year, expect even more games to come out.

The high failure rate on the Xbox 360 is more dramatized the what is really reality. My friend had his Xbox 360 for almost 2 years when it suddenly died and had a 3 red rings error, guess what, he got it replaced for free, he didn't even have to pay for the shipping. The Nintendo Wii online is supposed to be free, but you have to deal with the Annoying friends code, but I guess that is also a good thing, because you play with your friends and you don't have to deal with no one else. There isn't nearly as many Wii games online as there are 360 titles online, but from what I hear, the Wii games online are all simply a blast to play.

I'd suggest getting both, but if you are strapped for cash, get the Wii first and then save up for the Xbox 360.