ID:183419

Well i checked it out. Well.. I dont know if its me? or what but any who..

I do and dont like 4.0? Why?

Well it lags in all games the way it looks even with the old byond games example play seika or say dmo with 4.0 you will see what i mean.. it lags the icons look messed up in it..

Icon 32 x 32 yah.. did it dosnt work still a huge SCREEN even after and no yah shh i know im not doing nothing wrong..

Anyways..

my thoughts on the skin.. i wont go in to much detail.. but

Skins yes its cool kinda problem is with out photo shop and stuff your skin will look like a bunch of silly lines with colored blocks.. It dosnt make me want to switch to 4.0 much at all..

What els..... Yeah i pretty much like the old ver's better? i mean Blocks and lines and color maybe photo shop some cool stuff... still dosnt make the game look good..

I went in to a few games now they all jsut went right away to changin there game using skins ... its funny they all look so ugly lag badly and how there games are set up on the designs are very bad? soo over all il still with the old byond..

This is me so dont go OMG!!! and dont bother learn to spell umm gram and yah and yeah thats about it?
AlpineStar wrote:

Well it lags in all games the way it looks even with the old byond games example play seika or say dmo with 4.0 you will see what i mean.. it lags the icons look messed up in it..

Icon 32 x 32 yah.. did it dosnt work still a huge SCREEN even after and no yah shh i know im not doing nothing wrong..

Diss---aaabblllee---Oooppeeenn GL.

Sorry, I was singing the same tune I've been singing to everyone who complains about these very same issues. Disable OpenGL.
In response to Tiberath
Tiberath wrote:
AlpineStar wrote:

Diss---aaabblllee---Oooppeeenn GL.

Sorry, I was singing the same tune I've been singing to everyone who complains about these very same issues. Disable OpenGL.

It sucks that half of the community has to. What the hell is going on?
In response to RedlineM203
half of the community computers suck? (Maybe we should start getting specs on these computers that are lagging with openGL it could be a driver problem =O)
AlpineStar wrote:

Sorry, haven't noticed any lag at all.

Don't know what to say. All I had to do, is switch it from full screen to 32X32 mode and it looks just fine. One thing to consider though is the fact that a lot of older BYOND games simply are not optimized with 4.0

Anyways..

my thoughts on the skin.. i wont go in to much detail.. but

Skins yes its cool kinda problem is with out photo shop and stuff your skin will look like a bunch of silly lines with colored blocks.. It dosnt make me want to switch to 4.0 much at all..

I am going to go ahead and simply say you are kind of ignorant. The whole BYOND Interface thing is awesome, it opens so many more possibilities then before, and it isn't just being able to put a pretty background on the game browser. I was able to make a Dragon Warrior style combat system just by using the BYOND interface editor.

What els..... Yeah i pretty much like the old ver's better? i mean Blocks and lines and color maybe photo shop some cool stuff... still dosnt make the game look good..

Yeah, yeah it will. A lot of stuff people had to bother with, like overlays for on screen buttons, or health bars, all of that stuff can be done with the interface editor. Not to mention that even the original BYOND GUI wasn't the best looking thing in the world. So the graphical detail to the BYOND game browser itself can be greatly adjusted.

I went in to a few games now they all jsut went right away to changin there game using skins ... its funny they all look so ugly lag badly and how there games are set up on the designs are very bad? soo over all il still with the old byond..

Maybe because people can see the possible potential of the version 4.0 Beta. I have yet to have any problems with lag, or icons or anything like that. So I am going to go ahead and say it is you, because I have yet to have your problems.

This is me so dont go OMG!!! and dont bother learn to spell umm gram and yah and yeah thats about it?

Yeah pretty much, you are an ignorant user, who is afraid of change and seems to refuse to even attempt to learn how to use the new 4.0, there is so much potential there, that in the end, the new Interface Editor and power of 4.0 is going to separate the games from one another. That and the fact that you didn't even make a solid attempt to spell properly or use proper grammar makes me automatically dismiss your opinion.
AlpineStar wrote:

I'm sorry, isn't that (in a nutshell) how the pre-4.0 skin is?

Yea, let's blame BYOND because some people don't currently have skill to create quality interfaces. How dare they make such a great upgrade! (your problem should be with the developers who made those skins, not 4.0)
In response to Dark_Shadow_Ninja
Dark_Shadow_Ninja wrote:
half of the community computers suck? (Maybe we should start getting specs on these computers that are lagging with openGL it could be a driver problem =O)

I don't think our computers suck that hard. The point I was getting to is that BYOND's OpenGL won't even RUN on PCs like mine.
In response to Revenant Jesus
Anyone who judges 4.0 based on how it displays games that aren't designed for 4.0 is missing out.

But basically I agree with most of what you just said. Even a simple interface can come out looking much much better than anything BYOND 3.5 could ever have made. Here's my "simple" interface. And I say its simple because the project I did before this one was about 10 times more complex.

In response to RedlineM203
Okay smart asses.. for 1

if 4.0 was so DAMN good.

Then why dose almost every have to disable OpenGL huh? Yeah byond the others was fine. if you ask me.. its not great? big deal i dont care for the whole skin it seems that 4.0 is all about Skins i care more about game play then the looks >.>

And i dont give a damn if your pc is the [I like to use profanity in inappropriate places]? IF this many have to disable opengl thats pretty sad.
In response to AlpineStar
AlpineStar wrote:
Okay smart asses.. for 1

if 4.0 was so DAMN good.

Then why dose almost every have to disable OpenGL huh? Yeah byond the others was fine. if you ask me.. its not great? big deal i dont care for the whole skin it seems that 4.0 is all about Skins i care more about game play then the looks >.>

And i dont give a damn if your pc is the [I like to use profanity in inappropriate places]? IF this many have to disable opengl thats pretty sad.

This version 4.0 even if it is 4.0, is just the first public release. They changed alot, so expect alot. Bugs, annoying crap, but through that, there's a decent update.
In response to AlpineStar
AlpineStar wrote:
Then why dose almost every have to disable OpenGL huh?

Because you -- and others like you -- suck at maintaining your computer.
Instead, you try to shift the blame for your poor management on BYOND Staff.

But it's not just that. It's also the fact that you even download 4.0 if you know it doesn't work. That you feel you're forced to use 4.0 while you're really not. That is, assuming the developers are kind -- which some are.

-- Data
AlpineStar wrote:
Well it lags in all games

Honestly, I notice LESS lag in 4.0 than 3.5.

Granted, I normally didnt lag that bad in 3.5, but since upgrading to 4.0 everyone else will be complaining about a lag spike and some even getting lagged out of the game on occasion, and I can just sit there, with maybe sluggish movement but nothing as bad as what they describe, lol.
In response to Foomer
Exactly, games that have such a customizable interface to where it can easily be mistaken for professional games made by large businesses, I love it.

Granted, I was working on a game and now I have to edit nearly the whole thing, that is by choice, not requirement just to make it a better game.

I mean... think of it! You can have game announcements in one section... world say in another... say in yet another... and guild chat on another still. Granted, having that many sections would crowd it up just a little bit, but meh, the point is it gives so much customization to not just developers but the players as well.

The main point is that every single BYOND game will not look just alike, but rather will have all sorts of features that are totally amazing.