ID:183569

Nevermind. :p
The most you can do is ignore them like the rest of us. I like the internet because no one has race, until you announce it. <_<

Request ignore verbs for your favorite keys, pager ban these guys, or perhaps make a new key.

Also, what kind of games are you joining? Surely people who care about their playerbase and how the community is perceived will care when people are reporting offenses such as these. If they don't, the game just isn't worth playing.* The right to limit someone's freedom of speech in a place that it is considered a privilege to be in (or private) is perfectly lawful and right.

What do you mean by "seize control forcibly?" This isn't Iraq, who's going to be able to say "give me administrative abilities or I'll kill you," on BYOND anyway? I couldn't make sense of that.

*That is, if the game owners are still somewhat active in their games.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
CaptFalcon33035 wrote:
The most you can do is ignore them like the rest of us. I like the internet because no one has race, until you announce it. <_<
Actually you don't have to announce your race to hear loads of racial slurs thrown at you... >_>

Also, what kind of games are you joining? Surely people who care about their playerbase and how the community is perceived will care when people are reporting offenses such as these. If they don't, the game just isn't worth playing.* The right to limit someone's freedom of speech in a place that it is considered a privilege to be in (or private) is perfectly lawful and right.
It's just any game lately which is pretty disappointing, because I'm usually quite open-minded to trying out new games. Plus, you assume that these supposed responsible game owners are always present in their precious creations.

What do you mean by "seize control forcibly?" This isn't Iraq, who's going to be able to say "give me administrative abilities or I'll kill you," on BYOND anyway? I couldn't make sense of that.
Dang, relax... I'm referring to games in which a person can gain control of booting someone or muting someone or ruining their experience. =\
Clash, Castle, etc.
In fact in one case a troll continued to spam the server until a reboot was finally necessary at which point he seized control. I consider that forcibly.

_< SPAM FILTERS are a must!
BYOND really has no control over other player's games. They cannot moderate every game on BYOND. Even if they wanted to, they simply do not have the time.

But in any case, it is words. So get over it, ignore the users and get on with your life. If you were effected that badly on BYOND by a couple of ignorant users, then just get off the internet, because BYOND really has the more mellower users on the interweb.
In response to Revenant Jesus
Hmm, maybe I came of a little too touchy/offended sounding (didn't mean to). I was just surpirsed at the amount of racism I saw and how it was carried on as no big deal. NEVERMIND. Thanks for the advice and good day.
In response to ManDroid13
I forgot to add the little footnote (hence the little star there).
In response to ManDroid13
ManDroid13 wrote:
I'm referring to games in which a person can gain control of booting someone or muting someone or ruining their experience. =\
Clash, Castle, etc.
In fact in one case a troll continued to spam the server until a reboot was finally necessary at which point he seized control. I consider that forcibly.

Yeah, there are right and wrong ways to design games, and Castle picked some of the wronger options. Its reliance on reboots is also a bad thing.

The new Dream Daemon in 4.0 will alleviate some of that, because the host can ban players from the game very effectively now. But that won't prevent spam, only keep out known spammers.

Lummox JR