ID:183729

I'm trying to get some of my RL friends to play BYOND.
But the problem is, they're used to high quality graphics and awesomezorxsz games such as WoW.

So, which BYOND game should I show them? Like, as a preview of what BYOND can be.

I'm not willing to show them something like Castle (note: I rly liek castle. But, I don't think it would be a good preview...), or maybe The Sky Is Falling.

I showed to a friend of mine Castle, and he asked me if this was an Atari-Game Maker, rofl...

I'm so embarassed...

But, anyways. Which game would be good for a preview?
YAGSACG and Last Robot Standing are my two favorite games on BYOND. Both have decent graphics and are easy yet fun to play.

I can't say I keep up with the game trends in BYOND much, but YAGSACG and LRS are classics of BYOND and are every bit as good now as they were when they were popular.
Final Fantasy Legends or Final Fantasy 5: New World (I think that's what it's called).
If they're any fans of the original Final Fantasy games, then that's probably your best bet.
In response to Danial.Beta
Megaman Wars, Proelium, Castle, Incursion, and Final Fantasy: The Hunting Grounds. Just off the top of my head.

FF:THG is something for an MMO-er to be interested in, but....it requires SO MUCH co-op gameplay that unless you find a good 30+ people on (no less) then you REALLY can't play it at all.

WoW sucks.

Castle isn't something to convince somebody to play BYOND of course. See, BYOND is a type of gaming that is more along the lines of an early gamer that doesn't know too much. Once he knows more, he can also make his own game (don't ask ME about that....).

But...once a person gets into WoW, anything related to the 3 newer consoles, or anything XBOX, you can't force them to DOWNGRADE to something so crappy (in comparison to them) as BYOND. BYOND is having a slump of good games being hosted.
Danial.Beta wrote:
YAGSACG and Last Robot Standing are my two favorite games on BYOND. Both have decent graphics and are easy yet fun to play.

YAGSACG doesn't have decent graphics. It has programmer art. =P

LRS is much better.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
YAGSACG doesn't have decent graphics. It has programmer art. =P

They aren't bad, especially for what they are.

LRS is much better.

Can't argue with you there.
In response to Evil-Inuyasha
Damn, that's right...
BYOND < Games They Play

It's pretty hard to downgrade someone.

You got a point.
In response to Evil-Inuyasha
Evil-Inuyasha wrote:
But...once a person gets into WoW, anything related to the 3 newer consoles, or anything XBOX, you can't force them to DOWNGRADE to something so crappy (in comparison to them) as BYOND. BYOND is having a slump of good games being hosted.

I've been playing better stuff then BYOND for years. Now in this short year the first thing I do almost everyday is start up BYOND, Dream Maker and Windows Media Player.
In response to Gooseheaded
heh

Downgrade

I've got about 20 games for both PS2 and Xbox each. I've got Counterstrike Source, HL2, and GMod in addition to BYOND for the PC. My favorite gaming platform is BYOND. I love the community and desgin philosophy and all that. BYOND ftw. I think it's definitely an upgrade.
In response to Gooseheaded
Don't consider it 'downgrading', but enjoying retrospectively. =P

If they are stereotypical gaming geeks, they will enjoy the Retro feel and game-play of some of BYOND's puzzler-type games. If they are what I may call 'modern gamers', then you're probably a little out of luck.

Aren't the planets circles in one color?
In response to Worldweaver
Worldweaver wrote:

Aren't the planets circles in one color?

Yes. Exactly. Programmer art. =)

Perfectly functional, but I wouldn't call them pretty.

Mayhem Intergalactic is much nicer on the eyes. ;-)