ID:183730

they are a evil corparation that want your monney just to shut off your internet if you "dont pay" them WE paid you last week and they shut us off for a whole night! then they realised this and put it back on. this makes it harder to host games 24/7, anyone have any ideas what to swicth to
paying on-time sounds like good option.

:)

alternatively, paying them a little earlier wouldn't hurt either if it's a flatrate.
well, sue them?
In response to Darkdemonrad
The only legal recourse he could go for is to recover the value of 1/30th of a paid month of service that the company did not provide -- or he could ask for a refund of the amount he paid. Since that's on the order of less than a dollar, I imagine a lawyer or barrister would look at you like you were crazy and a civil court judge would throw it out as frivolous and contemptuous.

If his lack of internet access caused an interruption in some critical service, such as his ability to operate his business, then he might be able to sue for lost profits and that would definitely not be frivolous... but something tells me he's not a businessman (probably the AOLspeak ;-)).

In any case, I imagine any self-respecting provider would include a disclaimer that their internet access has no implied fitness for merchantability or suitability for a specific purpose and that it is provided "as-is" -- long story short, if you pay for it, you get the good with the bad, and you always have the power to stop paying for it to find some other provider if it doesn't live up to its claims.