In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Your fancy corner-sliding causes me to slip off of platform edges when landing on the edge.

Are you saying it is fancy as a good thing or as sarcasm? Also, you'd have to land on the platform with only 8 pixels of your character on the edge. Personally, I like it.

But that's all you have to say, Kaio!? I am disappoint.
In response to Aaiko
Aaiko wrote:
Another update. More feedback would be appreciated. Added a silly little intro, which took way longer than I had hoped. Also added some little fade in/out effects when changing screens. Along with other minor things here and there.

I lovvvve your new intro. It's very cool and makes the game 2x better already. I only have one suggestion about the intro which is to put "skip intro" next to the '>|' button. Just to make it clear that you're skipping the entire intro rather than skipping to the next page of text which is what I wanted to do after I had a finished reading.

The intro is what turns this game from another mindless sidescroller into an adventure game. Also, Sir Blob is the freakin coolest character and I can absolutely see a cult following of Sir Blob fans coming from this.

In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
I lovvvve your new intro. It's very cool and makes the game 2x better already. I only have one suggestion about the intro which is to put "skip intro" next to the '>|' button. Just to make it clear that you're skipping the entire intro rather than skipping to the next page of text which is what I wanted to do after I had a finished reading.

The intro is what turns this game from another mindless sidescroller into an adventure game. Also, Sir Blob is the freakin coolest character and I can absolutely see a cult following of Sir Blob fans coming from this.

I actually just put "skip" above the arrow earlier today. Just haven't updated the live version yet. I was sitting there after reading and thought "somebody might think they need to click that to continue and and miss the whole intro".

I'm really glad you like it! I really like him and the theme/story as well. I have big plans, hopefully I can deliver!
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
I lovvvve your new intro.

No kidding. The animations for the intro is badass. I did do a few button-presses to try and skip it the second time through though. Any game that doesn't include a way to skip through things like that will more than likely just piss off the consumer. It's a good thing you added it in.

Just to make sure, are you doing a click-to-skip feature or press-any-button-to-skip feature? I'd very much prefer press any button. That is, you press a button once to get a small prompt at the top and press it again to confirm. Sort of like cut-scenes in most console games (even though this is PC). PS4 would have you press any button and then you'd press "O" to confirm the skip.

This seems like it would be hard to implement since I don't know if you currently have an onKeyPress feature that'll pick up all keys. Just a thought for the future though. Keep dishing out the actual content instead of worrying about measly stuff like this. Polishing comes later, right?
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
No kidding. The animations for the intro is badass. I did do a few button-presses to try and skip it the second time through though. Any game that doesn't include a way to skip through things like that will more than likely just piss off the consumer. It's a good thing you added it in.

Just to make sure, are you doing a click-to-skip feature or press-any-button-to-skip feature? I'd very much prefer press any button. That is, you press a button once to get a small prompt at the top and press it again to confirm. Sort of like cut-scenes in most console games (even though this is PC). PS4 would have you press any button and then you'd press "O" to confirm the skip.

This seems like it would be hard to implement since I don't know if you currently have an onKeyPress feature that'll pick up all keys. Just a thought for the future though. Keep dishing out the actual content instead of worrying about measly stuff like this. Polishing comes later, right?

I will add a macro for 'Esc' which will skip the cutscene. And the engine does support any kind of key press already.

Glad you guys like the intro! I spent many hours on it.
wow that game is pretty fun, got to level 2 first try, love the animations.
In response to Jcwood88
Jcwood88 wrote:
wow that game is pretty fun, got to level 2 first try, love the animations.

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you like it so far.
Page: 1 2