In response to Goditz
You know, it is funny, just the other day my friend Jimmy was talking about his his ex-wife sent a e-mail to his female roommate and in it, it threatened to cut her throat. Well his roommate when to the police and next thing you know, Jimmy's ex was being held on bail and everyone's computers which were involved were taken for evidence. Most messed up day ever.

Anyways back on topic.. FYI genius, BYOND staff isn't here to help you every single time someone annoys you or hurts your feelings, neither are the cops or the courts. It is going to have to be something you have to deal with on your own. You paying them for memberships doesn't even come close to them keeping BYOND up and running, maintaining the website, blogs and forums and updating BYOND. Honestly from the way you are acting, I am seriously starting to doubt that are as old as you are trying to make yourself seem. Because if you were, you'd understand how much time, energy and effort it takes this place running and know that almost everyone here has to work a normal job outside of BYOND. They are not making a mint off your crummy $15.00/year memberships.
In response to Goditz
Maybe, but in your place 100 other people will make up for it. One person having a hissy fit isn't going to change the face of BYOND. That threat is such a pointless one it isn't even funny.

Instead, you know what you should do is? Get the IP address of the people pissing you off and send a complaint to their ISP service. You are most likely going to get the same response from them as you did here, but there is always a chance they will do something about it. "Harassing" people online is usually looked down upon in most TOS by most ISP.
In response to RealQMark
RealQMark wrote:
BTW, I am the (NON)Official spokesman for BYOND. They Chose me(or didnt) to represent everything they stand for(or don't).

I hope you realise that impersonating BYOND staff, even as a joke, is a bannable offence.
In response to Crispy
I'm not impersonating a staff member of BYOND. :D
In response to RealQMark
I would think with the way he responded he was simply warning you in a nonchalant way.
In response to Revenant Jesus
Is there any other way to warn me? :D
In response to RealQMark
I'm wondering if you know what "nonchalant" means, if you have to ask that question, because most warnings aren't nonchalant. Most warnings in life are stern, or pointed, or dire, or official, or otherwise very, very "chalant."
In response to Hedgemistress
Sure, who doesn't know the meaning? :D
In response to RealQMark
RealQMark wrote:
Sure, who doesn't know the meaning? :D

You know, you really shouldn't just post semi-random messages to get the last word in. That's kinda like spam.
In response to Jon88
Sorry, I didn't know I was spamming to get the last word in. It's usually considered rude to not respond to someone who responds to you until the conversation is over. :D
In response to RealQMark
But your posts weren't really adding anything to the discussion. First you ask if there's a way to warn you that is not non-chalant, which, if you know the meaning of the word, is a question that doesn't need to be asked, or make sense. Then after Hedgemistress explains what it means, you say that you knew already. It just doesn't make much sense.
In response to Goditz
Goditz wrote:
The harassment I can keep taking like I have for 6 months however Byond staff surporting them and backing them over me, acting like I'm to much trouble to be a customer they want with an attitude like were all just using there stuff for free when some of us have paid a great deal and flat out insulting me, I can't. Companys just don't do that to their customers and trive.

Hi, Goditz. I'm sorry you feel slighted by the response you've been given, but the response that Lummox JR provided was in fact to the point and should have resolved your issue in the first case. As far as I can tell, your concerns about the BYOND Staff seems to be largely based off the premise that they are supporting someone against you.

Being a moderator on these forums and a user since 2001, I can assure you that the BYOND Staff strives to seperate itself from bias and has seemingly handled this issue just fine. Perhaps you should consider the possibility that you may be reading too deeply into the posts made, and are conjuring up hidden meanings that simply aren't there.

All things aside, continually flaunting the fact that you seem to have spent money and attempting to use it as a method to recieve some sort of sympathy (As well as a slight attempt at preaching Business 101), won't get you anywhere. You recieve no better customer support because you've spent money, than you enjoy as a free member of the BYOND Website - Which happens to be a good thing. Users are not privvy to 'extra sweet and sugar-coated CSR' once they spend above some threshhold of money. Merely using common sense and taking a step back and reading the response again, should show you that you in fact recieved the support needed to resolve your issue.
In response to Alathon
Thank you for your responce. I will no longer be a member once my memberships run out then I won't expect as much. Is there any way the people that are claiming my game a rip can submit their source and I submit mine as well? If their not willing to do this I would like the rip lable removed from my game please.

http://members.byond.com/BYONDAnime/forum?id=939
In response to Goditz
This is an issue you'll have to bring up with the BYOND Anime guild staff and on the forums associated with that guild, not here. As a side-note, source comparison isn't really any kind of valid way of proving anything. It'd be akin to me promising to delete something off my HDD after I recieve it from someone; It makes no sense in a world where copies are easy to come by, and its equally easy to construct false situations.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Goditz wrote:
Please only byond staff answer me I am not here to start a debait. I only would like some customerservice for a 7 year byond member and my emails are not being answered.

BYOND memberships haven't existed for 7 years, so that's pretty amazing.

Feel the awesome power of an anime power junkie who hires bastards and such to clean his teeth. His influence is greater then the average anime player (which is nothing)

Bigboid did a good thing.
In response to Goditz
Goditz wrote:
As far as my email about harassment I linked you to my personal forum and to the anime forum.
This has been going on for 6 months and most of it's from the same 5 kids that just make new keys when I ban theirs from my forum. My lawyer has informed me that a harassment suit is the hardest to win especaily over the internet and advised me to ask your staff for help because thats all I can really do.

Well we can't really do that because those kinds of situations are difficult to impossible to keep on top of, and we could do no more to keep those people away than you could.

Attacking your memebers tring to make them out like their dumb will only cost you members. I've been a member since it started. Seeing as it's been 7 years and at least 10 differant byond keys I'm not exactly sure when that was.

I'm not trying to imply you're dumb or anything like that, just pointing out that BYOND memberships have not existed for 7 years.

For you to just discredit it is asking to lose members.
Acoiding to my bank I have spent well over 100 bucks with you guys just in the last 2 years not to mention prior. I currently have 5 differant byond member keys. If you do not surport people that actually pay for your service, even buying friends memberships and tring to get the 200+ on his game to become members, then let me know and I'll stop right now not spending another dime. After all if I'm just going to be treated like a punk kid why should I?

No one is out to treat you like a punk kid, and I assure you member concerns are always addressed to the best of the staff's ability. Unfortunately, cases like this harassment thing are something we can't get involved in, and there are other cases like the issue with RealQMark that are not issues at all.

This is the only company in my 27 years of experance dealing with companys, that has ever treated me this way and talked down to me. If I had ever made a remark like this to one of my customers when I was working CSR I would have been fired. Lieing to me about the real reason my hub was surprised 6 months ago, claiming it was because it was a disapproved rip per Axerob. Posting other messages totaly discrediting all my work on my game saying it is a rip.
http://games.byond.com/forum/ index.cgi?action=message_read&id=503054&forum=15&view=0
Completely disregaurding E-mails without even a responce. These are not the ways to keep customers.

There are a few points I can address right there:

• No one lied to you about any suppression. Whatever reason you were given was correct to the knowledge of whoever sent it.
  • The message in question was never intended to discredit your work; it merely reiterated what most of the community took for common knowledge, though you may certainly dispute whether that's correct or not.
  • Many of your support requests have received a response. Some we simply cannot deal with.

There's plenty of free web hosting sites and I can use MSN instead of the byond pager so if some customer service isn't included then I won't be spending another dime.
    This is a hobbie that I can not make any funds on for any reason. So if actully giving money does nothing for me I'll keep it as a free hobbie.

I'm sorry you feel you haven't gotten the most out of your service, but it seems you're asking a lot above and beyond what any company would be expected to do. Most of those services you mentioned have pretty reflexive TOS policies and, in my experience, have never been as attentive to their members as BYOND staff is.

You're asking us to take action on some users which would require us to look up months of back history to figure out which person is which and which keys they used over the entire course of events, who's saying what to whom, and ultimately if any of it is something we could deal with. In the end that would be a huge amount of wasted effort, because even if we ever concluded it was something we could act on, there would be no more effective way to deal with it than you have yourself. Furthermore we'd have opened the door to having to deal with this same kind of problem every time it came up, for everyone. The sheer number of those cases in any Internet community makes them impossible to handle.

It's largely for the same reason we've adopted a more lax stance on rips. It just becomes impossible to tell who ripped who, or if taking a given action is doing the right thing.

I've always tried to promote your service and have lost count how many have became members just to get the rewards I offer in my game. If this means nothing and I can't even get some customer service then why should I keep doing it?

As much as we appreciate that more and more people are becoming BYOND members, I'm not sure it's worth bragging about that it games the ranking system. But that's really beside the point.

What you're asking is a level of commitment you'll get from no company, because the resources aren't there to deal with a lot of these concerns that, while they matter to you a great deal, are not in our power to fix.

Lummox JR
In response to Goditz
Goditz wrote:
The staff has already remove a post on this topic where someone said flat out their going to kill me.

Again, the staff did not remove that post. The moderators of BYOND Anime did so.

And for the record, this is the entirety of what RealQMark's post said:
Welcome to the real world. Your luckily we're not in front of you in person, otherwise we probably would have beat you to death already.
That's not a statement of what someone will do, but what he may have done, and it's said in such a nonserious big-talk sort of way that it'd be hard to find even that to be considered a credible threatening remark. Hostile, yes. Stupid to say, yes. But it did not say "I'm going to kill you." There is nothing actively dangerous about it; it's just in terribly bad taste.

The harassment I can keep taking like I have for 6 months however Byond staff surporting them and backing them over me, acting like I'm to much trouble to be a customer they want with an attitude like were all just using there stuff for free when some of us have paid a great deal and flat out insulting me, I can't. Companys just don't do that to their customers and trive.

Goditz, the fact that you were told the staff had no means of dealing with the situation does not mean that we're supporting your adversaries. It also does not mean that we are not supporting you--it just means there's nothing we can do here, even if we fully understood the situation. You're asking the impossible: that the staff step in and moderate your own forums for you. We have no better forum ban tools than you do, short of an all-out BYOND ban which is not warranted, and likely wouldn't be much more effective here. And if we stepped in to handle this sort of extremely common thing on your forum, we'd have to do it on every forum.

Lummox JR
In response to RealQMark
RealQMark wrote:
FYI: The BYOND staff doesn't care about you. Or me for that matter. Or even you reading this. Yes, I know I started off my sentences with conjunctions but I don't care.

On the contrary, the BYOND staff does care about member concerns and addresses them whenever possible. We do not, however, get involved in every form of conflict under the sun, or take heroic measures to achieve impossible results.

All things considered, none of this reflects well on you as it was your post that caused a lot of this misunderstanding, and that there's some question as to whether your guild is actually trying to appear official. But most of these issues that have been raised boil down to just personal disputes among people prone to misunderstandings. If the staff got involved in every single personal dispute, nothing else would ever get done.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Thanks for clearing that up. I feel a bit better knowing you care about me. :D Also, define appearing official. I'm not quite sure what the differences are from being official and unofficial.
In response to RealQMark
RealQMark wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up. I feel a bit better knowing you care about me. :D Also, define appearing official. I'm not quite sure what the differences are from being official and unofficial.

Well, your guild has BYOND in its name, which is part of where Goditz got the misunderstanding that it was an official guild. What the staff has been wondering is, does your guild go out of its way to look official, or did he just take it that way entirely by his own mistake? I've noted that other guilds with BYOND in their names aren't commonly taken for official, like BYOND Arcade (Airjoe) or the BYOND Pixel Art Society (Pixel Art). There's some debate as to whether we need to start filtering BYOND out of unofficial guild names, just to avoid that confusion.

Lummox JR
Page: 1 2 3 4