In response to Lummox JR
Go out of my way to look official? No, I had that layout before I even named it BYOND Fan Games.

So now there is a problem with "looking official"?
In response to Lummox JR
Looking official is a marketing ploy used by everyone - everything that looks official instantly is 'better.' Even those idiotic virus scanners that are probably viruses themselves look official, because its ups their chances to get a download or a hit on their site, even though only rednecks do it.
In response to Goditz
Goditz wrote:
If you do not surport people that actually pay for your service, even buying friends memberships and tring to get the 200+ on his game to become members, then let me know and I'll stop right now not spending another dime. After all if I'm just going to be treated like a punk kid why should I?

You really shouldn't spaz just because you're not getting your way, and you're paying. You must think because you have money you should get your way or something? Sounds much like it.

When you buy a membership/your membership, I don't remember it saying anywhere that you get special treatment besides a blog/pager/etc.

Why should you? Well if you want a blog/pager/etc, that would be a good reason. To think you'll get treated more special, is not one.
In response to CodingSkillz2
CodingSkillz2 wrote:
Why should you? Well if you want a blog/pager/etc, that would be a good reason. To think you'll get treated more special, is not one.

What about the 1 year subscription BYONDscape hub? (if you buy a year's BYOND membership) They actually have some good stuff in there.
In response to Lummox JR
Thank you for your proffesional responce.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Goditz wrote:
The staff has already remove a post on this topic where someone said flat out their going to kill me.
I was talking about a post put on this forum by someone else. Not the one on Anime Guild. And it was deleted within a hour of the person posting it.

In response to Alathon
I'm sorry but if you can't prove it is not a rip then you can't prove that it is.

What does someone do when haters claim that a person rip their game when this is no way to prove or disprove it?
In response to Goditz
Goditz wrote:
I'm sorry but if you can't prove it is not a rip then you can't prove that it is.

What does someone do when haters claim that a person rip their game when this is no way to prove or disprove it?

Ignore them, since their opinion doesn't matter anyways? If they keep posting useless garbage, eventually it'll just start being deleted, or people will ignore them. The idea of the guild system is that good games rise to the top, and rips, which tend to be of far poorer quality, sink to the bottom.
In response to Lummox JR
I can clear this one up. I fell for the Fan Games one just because there is an actually Byond FanGames area where they keep Zeta listed still. Soon as Popisfizzy explained to me how to tell the differance in the link I felt like a retard for falling for it.
In response to Jon88
I've ignored it for 6 months. But now Byond Anime is going to throw me into a disapproved listing claiming my games a rip. This just isn't right and if my game goes under disapproved why should I keep working on it when all my work is always going to be discredited?
In response to Goditz
Goditz wrote:
I've ignored it for 6 months. But now Byond Anime is going to trow me into a disapproved listing claiming my games a rip. This just isn't right and if my game goes under disapproved why should I keep working on it when all my work is always going to be discredited?

It's been doing it because I said so.

<small>But who cares who it was anyway...</small>
In response to Goditz
I see why you are distressed about that. Here's my take:

BYOND Anime has the tough task of finding out which games are rips. Since they basically just have word of mouth to rely on, they have asked around... and somebody or other has said "Goditz's game is a rip".

However, I think that with all the work that you have put into the game, it probably isn't a rip. Even if you had ripped some code in the beginning, the improvements you made pretty effectively makes your game stand out from other DBZ games.

Beyond that, even assuming that your game was 100% rip, the fact that it's among the very most popular games among clan members and BYONDers in general makes it stand out from the others, helping its case for inclusion.

Those things considered, and with the knowledge that SuperSaiyanGokuX is a pretty reasonable guy, I'm going to predict right now that when things are all hashed out with the guild system and the separation between good and mediocre games, yours will be pushed up into the "good" pile. If it is not, and you receive confirmation that it has been conscientiously rejected, then you will be in a better position to complain. The problem right now is that SSGX hasn't, to my knowledge at least, said outright that he has decided not to list the game as official endorsed.

Finally, if only to stamp out all doubt that your code is original and high-quality, I offer to help you with a code audit and rewrite in order to fix bugs, make the code easier to read and extend, and guarantee that it was not written by somebody else and stolen by you. You don't have to take me up on that offer, but it stands thus: if you send me project files, I promise to keep them to myself for no other use than to aid you in auditing and rewriting the code, now and then, as my free time allows.

Peace. I hope that this turns out well for you in the end.
In response to Goditz
Goditz wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:
Goditz wrote:
The staff has already remove a post on this topic where someone said flat out their going to kill me.
I was talking about a post put on this forum by someone else. Not the one on Anime Guild. And it was deleted within a hour of the person posting it.

Oh, that post. Clearly A.T.H.K was being sarcastic. I deleted that post myself because he wasn't helping matters. This is what he said:
I'm going to kill you.

Muhahaha.
He was quite obviously, albeit tastelessly, joking around. The post was removed because it was only fanning the flames.

Lummox JR
In response to PirateHead
SuperSaiyanGokuX:

It pains me to have N:BOTLS up there (mostly because I HIGHLY dislike his practice of "Remove this game from your favorites list, and I'll delete your savefile" blackmailing), but the fact still remains that the game is immensely popular...

Popularity isn't a guage of actual quality, but it is a guage of how well people like the game, which indicates how well new people will like the game... And that's one of the main purposes (if not the main purpose) of these guilds: to offer a place to find games that players will like...

No, it's not good to support a "rip", but in this case, there's really not much choice... N:BOTLS is a necessary evil for this guild's listing...

[Edit:] However, the criteria of "no rips" in the guidelines will remain, and will be enforced... However, the seperation will only come when we're able to carry two listings (as I've mentioned)... N:BOTLS does need to be included in this guild's listing, but it won't be allowed in the "Recommended" listing... It'll get stuck down in the "Everything else" list...

The guidelines only strictly apply to the games approved for the "Recommended" list (again, whenever it is implemented), the others will be judged rather loosely...

Thats a qoute from
http://members.byond.com/ BYONDAnime?skip=13&command=view_comments&post=27602

He already said he is going to put me on a disapproved list.
In response to RealQMark
RealQMark wrote:
So now there is a problem with "looking official"?

Although I (as everyone else has too) have had a good laugh out this thread, I'd just like to impart that there is a problem in looking official if it starts to reflect badly on the parts of BYOND that are official- namely the staff, and the official guilds.

Whilst that isn't entirely your fault (you're perfectly entitled to do whatever you want with your own guild -within the rules-, even if you were quite rude), it might be a good idea to have a disclaimer somewhere*. Even just putting a thread on the forums about it would be nice.

*Saying, y'know, that your actions or opinions are not representative of the rest of BYOND, etc. etc.
In response to RedlineM203
And I am erased from history.
In response to Elation
Although now that this has been brought up it should take into consideration how the BYOND guilds work. I mean, they even said it is in very early stages, so this here might be a lesson well learned in what works well and what doesn't work well. I can understand how it could be annoying to be denied a Guild that is listed on the Guild page simply because the owner of said guild is being a dick about it. The Guilds are kind of like the new Hub for BYOND and it needs to be handled very carefully or risk being off worse then the original system.
In response to Elation
Thanks for the comments and advice! :D
In response to Goditz
Essentially the official guilds have a two-tiered listing. There are the guild-recommended games, the cream of the crop, and then there are the complete listings. The complete listings and like a directory.

Lummox JR
In response to RealQMark
Goditz, please go back to your hole, you are just stirring up trouble.
Page: 1 2 3 4