In response to Lummox JR
It looked like my game was just being singled out seeing as it was the only one he mentioned.
In response to Goditz
The only reason for that is that your game happens to be the most controversial and the one with the highest visibility... That makes it an issue that needs to be dealt with directly, because it's the one that will (and has :) ) caused problems...
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
Only problems we cause is defending my work when it's called a rip. If people would just stop claiming it as a rip we'd shut up.

My intent was never to get specail threatment over the others so if their put on the disapproved list or what ever it is then I have no right to complain.

I just hate all the hard work I've put into this game being discredited and why I swore I'll never do another fan game again lol.
In response to Worldweaver
You did something in it? ( : /
In response to Goditz
Goditz wrote:
Only problems we cause is defending my work when it's called a rip. If people would just stop claiming it as a rip we'd shut up.

My intent was never to get specail threatment over the others so if their put on the disapproved list or what ever it is then I have no right to complain.

I just hate all the hard work I've put into this game being discredited and why I swore I'll never do another fan game again lol.

it isn't your work. BOLTS is a rip, i have the source, i compared it to oldver versions of WOTS, it is a rip. Get over it, God. I don't even care anymore about rips. Most of them just die out.
In response to Goditz
Goditz wrote:

Look, people are calling your game a rip and such because they see the stuff that seem directly from (that) other game/games. I'm only doing what I do because of the massive uproar over the 'evil ranking tactics' SuperSaiyanGokuX mentioned, which linked up to the cry of a rip. They ain't a good pair to put together, you know, not around here. To defend your work, you have to prove its your work, and not anyone's elses, not ignore the people and point blank reject it. Thats a way of getting more hate against you. So your stuck in a circle of cruelty and stuff doing the same thing over, and sooner or later BYOND won't take anymore crap and it'll probably be game over.

Yes, I'm being useful for once. God bless thee.
In response to RedlineM203
WW was the main person who helped distribute the source (such as hosting it on his site I believe), BBD was just the person who helped distribute it... WW was an acomplice :P (I was there at the time so yeah..)

- GhostAnime
In response to GhostAnime
GhostAnime wrote:
WW was the main person who helped distribute the source (such as hosting it on his site I believe), BBD was just the person who helped distribute it... WW was an acomplice :P (I was there at the time so yeah..)

- GhostAnime

M'kay.
In response to RedlineM203
"We've all had enough of this thread.

Let's acknowledge some simple things first. Yes, what BigBoid and his cohorts did was wrong. (It appears that BigBoid himself didn't steal the code, but he did release it and spam the pager about it.) This caused a lot of problems, especially for the BYOND staff. The NBOTLS fans also caused problems by spamming the support line asking us to deal with this. Both sides could use a little less vigilantism. There is no excuse for spam, and there is no excuse for stealing and/or distributing someone else's source code.

Now officially, there's only so much we can and will do here. We do not support the distribution of stolen source code and will remove it from the hub, and hide any blogs posting it from the front page; this has already been done. That doesn't rule out further action, because the perpetrators have caused significant trouble. Naturally the staff would review the situation thoroughly before taking any such action. If new rips spring up, however, our policy on rips is the same that has allowed NBOTLS to exist in the first place: we leave it alone.

NBOTLS is itself a rip. If rips of a rip appear, it's not the end of the world. Considering the game has raised questions about its legality on the hub due to abusing the ranking system, maybe some healthy competition would be good for it. It's questionable to what degree the "author" has any claim on their source code that a true game author would have. Still, that doesn't excuse theft of their code and then seeding it all over. Several members have taken part in this, violating the terms of service of their membership. Odds are the game would have been re-ripped without their help, but they'll get no thanks for causing this little circus, and they may have more music to face for it. On the other side people came perilously close to trouble themselves for spamming the support line; several people were overzealous in their desire to see something done about the problem.

Everyone needs to chill now. To the members who leaked the code: It does not pollute your universe to have a rip like NBOLTS around, even if it's popular. If you don't like that, make a game of your own to compete with it. To the people who contacted BYOND staff through the support system: A few people contacting us is quite enough, and it only needs to be one per person, thanks. We read requests as we can, not the instant they come in. And remember, the game you're protecting is a rip too. To those on this thread: We do not moderate by petition. Posting your support for banning so-and-so doesn't do a darn thing except waste time and space. And on the other side, posting in support of the people who caused this problem makes you part of the problem yourself. Like I said, everybody chill.

Lummox JR"

By the way, Lummox is wrong(=o). The NBOLTS by Goditz is a rip of a rip of WOTS. so the rips of that NBOLTS are rips of rips of rips of WOTS
Page: 1 2 3 4