ID:183813

Well, I accidently installed the text-only Server edition to Ubuntu and I found out the hardway that it's text only...

I finally am downloading the desktop version, but how do I delete the Ubuntu version?

Also, where do I download WINE from?

Thanks in advance!

--Moleboy
Well, you can delete all of the data on the partition Ubuntu is currently on from Windows. Right-click My Computer and then click Manage. It will bring up a window titled Computer Management. Under the Storage category on the left, there should be a utility titled Disk Management. Click that.

Here, it will allow you to delete a partition. It will just become unused space, though. Only do this if Ubuntu will install in the unformatted space because Disk Management can't join two partitions together.

If you are hesitant of doing this, I suggest using Google while you wait for a reply because that will help you most. You might also want to try the Ubuntu forums, assuming it has forums. Most distros of Linux do.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
If you installed server mode, it's a LOT easier to just type...

apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
or apt-get install kde-desktop.

It will installl the GNOME (and KDE respectivly) desktop managers, it's the same thing as the non-server edition.
In response to Flame Sage
Post [link]