ID:1839590

So i opened my user data and found something very interesting..

there is a file has all sounds and graphix files from games i played on BYOND (SS13,Walking dead, TWC , etc)
i am not gona say where is the location of these files but.. why did Tom leave that public ?
The rsc files? They're required, if you want players to see/hear anything.
yeah, but anyone can find them like me so game sounds and icons could be stolen
In response to Maxsteel13
If someone is desperate for game files, they can hit print screen, and record audio for sounds.
Maxsteel, where are these files your seeing because I have a feeling sounds are there, but only a limited number of icons are there, the only icons that would show up are ones that people used as a resource to display in a browser or browse_rsc() for, and not all the icons of a game.

If this is in-accurate it should be a bug report because the .dmi files compiled with the game not browsed for or displayed in a browser control ever should all be stored in an encrypted form.
All games outside of BYOND runs the same risk.

There's definitely nothing special about the games here, just over protective owners. A game like Smash or LoL sound files can be taken, but Riot or Sakurai doesn't even care.

Here it's different because the people who're making it that far to even release a game aren't doing too good at it, and feel their player base is at risk if copies spring up.
I feel as though Dakumonki is going to be the best response. Any and all resources for practically anything can be stolen if the right person was motivated enough.

Do a Google search for "sprites" and you'll come across websites like http://www.spriters-resource.com/ which list thousands and thousands of sprite-sheets from art from games before many BYOND developers were even born.

The most important piece of your game is your code. Without code, art is irrelevant as your players, monsters, items, etc. have no purpose or use. The code is what ties everything together to make a playable game. If you're really worried about your resources being stolen, whether it's the resources saved to the computer or it's print-screen, you're going to spend a lot of wasted time which should be better moved to spending time polishing the game and getting it distributed. A very well known game that succeeds will do much better than a shoddy made game with stolen resources. I believe Pac-Man is still more noticed and recognized than any Pac-Man clone.

/edit:

And that's not saying a lot from your original post considering your project, last updated Feb 15, itself is using art/resources from various RPG Maker materials.
"Since BYOND seems to be deleting riped games i would like to tell the admins that TWW is NOT a rip of TWC source code , just the graphix.."
This is why I hate this community.
In response to Xirre
o.o why? (btw, the contrast to the other thread is real lols, or was that on purpose?)
People actually give a **** about these things still? Jesus Christ, get off this site and realize the whole world isn't affected by this "tragedy".

Seriously, the site where to learn and create "your own net dream" is the only one that uses the terminology "iconner", "RIPs", "resources", or whatever cluster**** childish verbiage.

Seriously, the whole world is laughing right now.

It's like people joined a cult for paranoid teens back in 2005. ****ing glad I didn't stay here.
It's spelled "naive", nerd. Learn the Englsih language.

GatewayRa wrote:

No, the most important "piece" of a game is the full package.

Piece != Package.
In response to EmpirezTeam
That sexy Kappa-man... Regardless, Neblim speaks the truth. Preach it, brotha.