ID:183999

Theres a site called gamegardens.com it allows people to create multiplayer games in java and those games can be run in applet or jws
the bad part is the fact that its created by none other then the same people who created the game puzzle pirates and the rts game bang howdy and anyone with a puzzle pirates account can use it

edit: the site full of suck thing was my mistake
the correct url was gamegardens.com and I put gamesgardens.com
I rather program in binary then java. I really don't think BYOND has competition.
In response to Xx Dark Wizard xX
Xx Dark Wizard xX wrote:
I rather program in binary then java. I really don't think BYOND has competition.

Java is not all that bad but I think that some of the graphical capabilities are pretty bad.
In response to Shlaklava
Java isn`t horrible. But non the less I still GREATLY perfer BYOND. Java I find is really annoying to debug. BYOND it seems a bit easyer.

I don`t know but I don`t think that BYOND has much of a issuse with this new java one. It depends on the person.
In response to Shlaklava
Java's great if what you're looking for is a little cross-platform tool where efficiency isn't a concern and which is designed to be run on the client community at large.

Otherwise Python or any other language is a much better choice.

OpenOffice, for instance, is programmed in Java (with some of the backend in machine code of one kind or another). It takes, quite literally, over ten seconds to start up on my overclocked AMD Athlon 64 2.0GHz 3200+ computer. A lot of that is also the startup time for the Java runtime, of course, which is also hideously bloated. =)
In response to Jtgibson
Jtgibson wrote:
Java's great if what you're looking for is a little cross-platform tool

I don't know if it's possible for a Java app to be "little". ;-)