ID:184005

I was wondering if anyone knew about the cameras they have now at intersections for those who run a red light.

I'm pretty sure i triggered one, but i did not go into the intersection. I wasn't paying attention and went into the crosswalk a bit. I saw the flashes of light from the cameras and all that. If they try to send me a ticket for this, can I contest it? I heard they take 2 pictures one while the car is going over the line and one while the car is in the intersection so the second picture should show im not in the intersection.
At least here, in the Lower Mainland of B.C., traffic light cameras work only if you:

1) Enter on a full red, and
2) Exit on a full red.

So if the light is red before you pass the crosswalk, the camera waits to fire until you are also exiting the intersection.

This was, no doubt, done because people have an annoying propensity to stop about a metre and a half over the stop line...

Most likely, you're clear of any wrongdoing. If not, you'd do much better to talk to a police officer or anyone familiar with traffic laws, since the laws in your jurisdiction could be different.