ID:184078

I'm trying to figure out the Style tag because the last time I said something concering the font tag everyone omg'd at me and said "use style!" and now I guess I'm showing them how wrong they were because it's not easier D:

What I want is to add the equivalant of "font face = whatever" into a style. I found something on a site but they had bad examples and all I can do is change colors =/ here's what I have that doesn't work:

<head>
<style type=\"text/css\">
MrUberStyle {color:white; face:\"Comic Sans MS\"}
/*I'm trying to make a style tag so that the text inside my
table has a certain color and font face*/

(I have slashes in it because I'm using this in Dream Maker inside a text string)
table will have white font and the font type "Comic Sans MS". I know how to do it with the font tag; I was just bored so I decided to figure this style thing out~

(Also, can you not use the dm tag in the Games Forum? I had to come to Developer to post this and I forget what I titled the topic originally :O oh well I'll make something else up)

(oh wow IE remembered what I had in the Topic box even though I didn't submit the form :D I guess I won't make something up)

Edit: Apparently I hadn't finished the message in the DM tag up there :O
So you are saying that instead of using a font tag, someone said it was easier to use a style tag.

Well, this depends on what type of situation it is. If it's a consistent font for the entire game, then style is the option. For example, if all your text was white and your background was black, then you would this line of code:

client.script="<style>BlaBlaBla</style>"//I can't remember how to use type lol, though you get the idea

Though if you only need certain blocks of text to be coloured, for example private chat, use <font>.

If I've misunderstood you and you're talking about webpages, the same rule applies. Basically, use style for big consistent regions of settings, and font for specific settings.

ADT_CLONE
In response to ADT_CLONE
I also noticed you can't type the font tag like that in the reply box :O

I'm also seeing that I might need to chage MrUberFont to something like h1 because it works when I do that but no MrUberFont :( oh noes
You forgot the dot at the front of ".MrUberStyle". A style declaration without a dot refers to a tag name (which is why it worked with H1). If you're defining a style class, you need the dot.
In response to Crispy
/*DM box because it likes HTML tags and won't screw up when I use <> in the post :O

if I define it as ".MrUberStyle" instead of just "h1"
do I still "call" (or whatever the HTML term is) with
"<MrUberStyle>" like I did "<h1>" to set the style? because that's not working :( I tried a few other things, like using "<.MrUberStyle>" with a dot in it.

*/
In response to Cowdude
No. You can't define your own tags like that in Dream Seeker. You have to use a class, like this:

<span class="MrUberStyle">blah</span>

I've used the span tag to apply the class because it has no effect by itself.

Rather than "call", I think the term you want is "mark up". As in, "I marked up this document using HTML tags".